**** me off....

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default Attacks by Wild Beasts on Innocent ROFFIANS must STOP!!!!!

On Jun 17, 11:16*am, "JT" wrote:
So I go out last weekend and find a double robin nest side by side on my
boat town speakers! Thinking they wouldn’t come back since I pulled down the
two nests, I didn’t close the role up storage door, in a day they had
another one built. Note to self, even if you are going in and out of the
building all day, close the door...

Two days later I go get the oil changed in the Car, the AC blower is making
a funny noise. I accuse the guy of messing with the fresh air cabin filter.

Old July 12th, 2011, 12:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jul 11, 5:28*pm, DaveS wrote:
On Jun 17, 11:16*am, "JT" wrote:

So I go out last weekend and find a double robin nest side by side on my
boat town speakers! Thinking they wouldn’t come back since I pulled down the
two nests, I didn’t close the role up storage door, in a day they had
another one built. Note to self, even if you are going in and out of the
building all day, close the door...

Two days later I go get the oil changed in the Car, the AC blower is making
a funny noise. I accuse the guy of messing with the fresh air cabin filter.
Pull it out and a
%uckin' squirrel had built a nest in the AC vent above the blower motor..
Chewed up the filter and drug one of my lawn mowing socks in there....

Two days after that, I’m about 100 yards off shore on the barge with
friends, a quail (I’ve never even seen a quail in our neck of the woods)
comes out of nowhere and flies right into the side of my head (%ucker
attacked me). I screamed like a little girl, it drops into the water and
tries to get back on the barge, but the three dogs try to eat it so it swims
off...

I bought a Gamo Shadow 1200 fps. pellet gun a month ago, the little *******s
had better watch their $hit...

They are after me!
JT
Frank, tell me you have stories like this, not just self inflicted injury
stories... Please...

Over the 4th holiday We were at my little farm on the Touchet.
Fishing, working etc.. Visiting an in-law's related asparagus farm,
taking care of trees, building an outhouse etc.. Fishing was decent.
And I was stalked by 3 large Owls.

Yep, I was stalked by three large Owls. I went down to the river about
a half hour till dark. As i approached a favorite spot a large barn
owl flew off a rock from which he was watching the pool. He flew up
into a tree from which he could clearly see me and I could see him. At
each cast he hooted.

Watching my back I moved down stream a bit and noticed another Owl
sitting in plain sight on a sweeper tree. It too hooted at my casts,
and was answered by the first Owl. Then another hooter appeared. They
literally scared me off the river that evening. And continued to hoot
for a half hour more.

There have been a number of Owl attacks on the Island (wet-side) where
i live by much smaller Owls. But these three Dry-side Owls were 2-3
times bigger and not at all afraid of me.

Telling this to a Dry-side fellow who runs a cougar hunting dog pack,
he said it was not that unusual, and warned that I also ought to watch
out for cats, stalking me or my dog. Weirdly enough last nite here on
the dry-side I heard what sure sounded like a bobcat screeching near
my neighbor's chicken coop. Interesting.

Dave

Dun duh. Duh duh, duh duh, duh DUN... HOOOOOT! Just not working for
me. Maybe a squirrel...
Frank Reid
Old July 12th, 2011, 12:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

On 7/11/2011 7:04 PM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
Just not working for
me. Maybe a squirrel...

a squirrel? Heck, they can't stand up to a decent thunderstorm,
as you well know.

Tom

......then again, maybe ours are just slow runners after eating
the droppings from the pecan and walnut trees...
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Jul 11, 4:04*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
On Jul 11, 5:28*pm, DaveS wrote:

On Jun 17, 11:16*am, "JT" wrote:

[...]

Frank Reid- Hide quoted text -

Owls go for the head ripping and tearing with those large claws. The
inhumanity is . . . . My impudent owls eat squirrel as a comfort food.
But the rodent devouring champs are herons in an alfalfa field. Yum
Yum Yum

Dave
Who fears no Squirrels.
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jul 11, 5:28*pm, DaveS wrote:

On Jun 17, 11:16*am, "JT" wrote:

[...]

Who fears no Squirrels.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFvJMtMtDGY
Frank Reid
The early bird gets the... buck tooth little *******? These things
are not adding up today.
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Jul 11, 5:28*pm, DaveS wrote:

On Jun 17, 11:16*am, "JT" wrote:

[...]

are not adding up today.- Hide quoted text -

Thing is the Blue Heron is such an iconic American thing of beauty,
AND it's quite easy to minimise the blood reality of the icon
fastidiously preying on tiny fishys and maybe a froggy or two. And
they look great against the green of alfalfa and in the wheat
stubble. But wait a minute, that beautiful damn thing just gobbled a
fat, freaking GOPHER, swallowed it like a snake !!!!!!

Reminds me of the time I had a business dinner with a couple Alaska
Women and was stunned as they tore into some huge restaurant steaks in
Girdwood, . . . after half a Winter feeding on Moose and seal.
Dubbyyou, Oh!!!, M, A, N. I'll say it again: Dubbyyou, Oh!!!, M, A,
N.

Old July 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw56

On Jul 14, 2:50*am, DaveS wrote:

Thing is the Blue Heron is such an iconic American thing of beauty,
AND it's quite easy to minimise the blood reality of the icon
fastidiously preying on tiny fishys and maybe a froggy or two. And
they look great against the green of alfalfa and in the wheat
stubble. *But wait a minute, that beautiful damn thing just gobbled a
fat, freaking GOPHER, swallowed it like a snake !!!!!!

A few years ago I took a video of a Great Blue Heron killing and
swallowing a large gopher. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUIhNmC-diI

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
ScovilleUnit

Default **** me off....

Frank Reid © 2010 wrote in news:449fb69a-97d9-4730-
:

On Jul 10, 10:59*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
Giles wrote in news:6e949e36-f4a5-4dd7-ac53-
:

On Jun 18, 9:32*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

That has got to be one of the funniest stories I've every read.

*Ran
ks
with the story of the lawnmower and the electric fence.
Frank Reid

Yeah, it's funny.....if you haven't been there.

I remember a time (true story) when me and all of 6' 5" of Pete,

armed
with all manner of potential and actual truncheons and other weapon-
like paraphernalia were chased and nearly hunted down with fatal
consequences by an enraged mother squirrel.

Squirells, it should not be necessary to remind anyone, are simply
bushy-tailed rats with little natural fear of humans.....and a whole
lot of ancestral and personal scores to settle.

giles
who has never made the mistake of equating perkiness with
polity.....well, not in recent years, anyway. * * *

Who gives a Squirells ass as to what you equate, you blathering, Green
Teeth Fool!!!!!

Wolfy's got a stalker, Wolfy's got a stalker!..... By the way, if
you're gonna be a deranged stalker, at least find someone hot.
Wolfgang definately does not qualify as hot.
Frank Reid
Sheesh. Gotta teach these newbie stalkers everything these days.

And you are??????

I know, a body with a dick on it's head!!!!

WOW....a DICK HEAD!!!!!

Who'ed have known.....