I hate the Patriots

Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:00 PM
daytripper

Default I hate the Patriots

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:42:53 GMT, "Ernie"
wrote:

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:04:14 GMT, "Stan Gula"
wrote:

I liked the one with the guy driving his Corvette to beat his

girlfriend's
plane to give her the lipstick. Turned out to be a Bud

commercial.

That was my favorite too, tho I tuned out at least
half of them.

I thought most of them were mediocre, the Bud commercial where
the horse farted made me laugh. Do the people who write
commercials really have so little imagination? Not very eye
catching for something that cost 1.5 mil.
Ernie

The price was actually 2.5 megabucks per commercial...

/daytripper (almost doubly worse then ;-)
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:01 PM
daytripper

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:13:27 GMT, ricky rickett wrote:

As for the futu here's some really scary news for the rest of the NFL:
the Pats have 6 of the first 16 draft choices this year...

Hi. It looks to me like they have 0 of the first 20 draft choices this year
. . . They have the 21st pick (from Baltimore) and the 32nd pick. Where
did you get that "6 of the first 16" info?

CBS sports, last night. Maybe they got it wrong?

/daytripper (wouldn't be a precedent for them...)
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:14 PM
Jonathan Cook

Ken Fortenberry wrote in message ...

My favorite was the donkey training to be a Clydesdale, it was
cute, memorable and reminded me of rw.

I find myself agreeing with Ken...well except the rw part.
I've seen rw, and that donkey was much cuter.

Close runner-up was the shards-o-glass.

Jon.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:34 AM
Willi

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ernie writes:

A more
realistic commercial would be a Clydesdale ****ing in a Bud
bottle at the botteling plant.

SPLORK

We'll have to ask old Fortenberry about that. However, he doesn't smell of
**** when I've fished with him. d;o)

You must have caught him on a good day.

Willi

Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:55 AM
Dave LaCourse

Vince writes:

When you enjoy those comercials, Dave, keep in mind their purpose is
to drive smaller brweries, that make better beer, into bankruptcy.

(And over the years, they have been quite successful at it.)

I may *enjoy* them, Vince, but I wouldn't buy a Bud, even with Fortenberry's
money. Sleeman and Yuengling are the only beer/ale I drink. d;o) But I do
agree that there are low lifes out there that would buy a Bud just because of
these ads.

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
Jeff Miller

um...which one of you northern fellers wuz it gave me carolina and 17...
i'm still a-lookin him. g

jeff (the first superbowl i've watched from beginning to end...and it
was fun. new england was the better team on the field that day,
clearly; but the tabbies done good for a southern expansion outfit that
was 1-15 not so very long ago).

Mike wrote:

I don't care if you like the Pats or not the Panthers I'm sorry Carolina
Panthers played better than i thought they would.... I guess all us New
Englanders can collect those Hardy rods and reels from our southern brethren
make mine a 2 weight please....... And please think about 1918 for the next 8
months and after October when the Red Sox win the world series you can admit
yourself to the nut house

Go PATRIOTS Superbowl Champs

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
Dave LaCourse

jeff writes:'

um...which one of you northern fellers wuz it gave me carolina and 17...
i'm still a-lookin him. g

Wasn't me.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:31 PM
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 07:47:19 -0500, Jeff Miller
wrote:

um...which one of you northern fellers wuz it gave me carolina and 17...
i'm still a-lookin him. g

Daytripper - who also tried to get Wayno to go double or nothing for a
watercolor with the same spread. g
--
Charlie...
Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Jeff Miller" wrote in message
um...which one of you northern fellers wuz it gave me carolina and 17...
i'm still a-lookin him. g

let me help you with that. you speak of mr.tatosian.

yfitp
wayno (hell, the *real* line was a freebie)