Inflatable Pontoon Boat

Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.boats.paddle,rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dan[_6_]

Default Inflatable Pontoon Boat

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for an inflatable pontoon boat. I'd like it
to have the ability to attach a trolling motor/battery, and light in weight.
Aluminum easy-take-a-part frame would be a plus. It will be used in small
Eastern Sierra Lakes.

Any recommendations?

Dan

Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:19 AM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.boats.paddle,rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:18:02 -0800, "Dan" wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for an inflatable pontoon boat. I'd like it
to have the ability to attach a trolling motor/battery, and light in weight.
Aluminum easy-take-a-part frame would be a plus. It will be used in small
Eastern Sierra Lakes.

Any recommendations?

Dan

Dan,
How about an aluminum Jon boat? They might be a bit lighter in
weight.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.boats.paddle,rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

I'm looking for recommendations for an inflatable pontoon boat. I'd like it
to have the ability to attach a trolling motor/battery, and light in weight.
Aluminum easy-take-a-part frame would be a plus. It will be used in small
Eastern Sierra Lakes.

Bucks Bronco is probably on of the best out there. Mine is almost 12
years old and its still a wonderful boat.
Frank Reid
by the way, ensure any boat you get has double bladder pontoons. If
one deflates, the boat stays upright. Also, get one with a casting
platform (mine is home made and unsafe at any speed). You'll buy it
now or find out you want one later. Especially for sight fishing the
shallows or fighting a bigger fish.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.boats.paddle,rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim Lysyk

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

by the way, ensure any boat you get has double bladder pontoons. If
one deflates, the boat stays upright. Also, get one with a casting
platform (mine is home made and unsafe at any speed).

Frank.....I would think that for you, ANYTHING is unsafe at any speed.

Tim Lysyk
Old January 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.boats.paddle,rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

by the way, ensure any boat you get has double bladder pontoons. *If
one deflates, the boat stays upright. *Also, get one with a casting
platform (mine is home made and unsafe at any speed). *

Frank.....I would think that for you, ANYTHING is unsafe at any speed.

Not so. I can say "Yes Dear" before any request for anything is made
by my bride and that's one of the safest skills in any relationship.
Frank Reid
Who does not want to talk about that high speed powered elliptical
incident till the carpenters and drywall guys are done.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:25 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.boats.paddle,rec.outdoors.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Jan 3, 10:59 am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
by the way, ensure any boat you get has double bladder pontoons. If
one deflates, the boat stays upright. Also, get one with a casting
platform (mine is home made and unsafe at any speed).

Frank.....I would think that for you, ANYTHING is unsafe at any speed.

Not so. I can say "Yes Dear" before any request for anything is made
by my bride and that's one of the safest skills in any relationship.
Frank Reid
Who does not want to talk about that high speed powered elliptical
incident till the carpenters and drywall guys are done.

LOL

Curious if the original poster bought a boat and, if so, what kind.
I'm looking for one now too..

TIA,

Bone