fishing but not bass weekend.

Old April 4th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Calif Bill

Default fishing but not bass weekend.

Opening of Ocean salmon season, so went to Moss Landing for the annual big
party!!!!! Only 1 TV station news crew this year. A lot of hunters in the
group, and so we feasted on smoked goose, venison and boar sausage, venison
and elk b-b-q and chicken, beef, pork, and shrimp. This just the meat
portion, but is the major food. Lots of tortilla's to wrap the meat in.
Deep fried tempura shrimp and asparagus and salmon appetizers. Bad
catching, but fun Saturday. Came home today and trip was bad! Stopped in
Santa Cruz for a new hose clamp for the nen exhaust pipe on the new motor,
and a guy follows me into the parking lot, to inform me that the trailer
wheel is at an odd angle. ;( Bearing is gone, has got hot enough to deform
the threaded part, and is not repairable. Tandem axel trailer and tied the
axel up and moved the front boat stop to put more weight forward on the
remaining tire. I am 60 miles from home and even though I have trailer road
service, I figured they would tow me local. Made it home without seeing the
highway patrol, and no problems. Back to rain and storm tonight. Will
order a new axle tomorrow. 30-40 miles per hour and the Duramax diesel with
camper did not even know it was towing a 3 wheel trailer.
Bill