OT - Wilderness films

Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Fred

Default OT - Wilderness films

No Fred, it's perfect. Like that hole nobody knows about but that you
can count on for a fish.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer

==

I apologize for the cross post
but let's see if this generates a response here...

Has anyone seen Grizzly Man or Into the Wild? - both true stories
I keep thinking about both films - a lot
Which means that they are poignant at least to me and in their own way they
are great films or very good films
Grizzly Man by Werner Herzog - the main character was nuts with a death wish
Into the Wild from the Krakauer book was quite good but flawed
Which is the reason for this post - any comments please

Thanks

Fred
Old July 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Dry Heat[_2_]

Fred wrote:
No Fred, it's perfect. Like that hole nobody knows about but that you
can count on for a fish.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer

==

I apologize for the cross post
but let's see if this generates a response here...

Has anyone seen Grizzly Man or Into the Wild? - both true stories
I keep thinking about both films - a lot
Which means that they are poignant at least to me and in their own
way they are great films or very good films
Grizzly Man by Werner Herzog - the main character was nuts with a
death wish Into the Wild from the Krakauer book was quite good but
flawed
Which is the reason for this post - any comments please

Thanks

Fred

Fred

I did see Grizzly Man and I totally agree with you that he was a few fries
short of a Happy Meal.

Dry Heat

Old July 4th, 2008, 01:44 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Fred

On 3-Jul-2008, "Dry Heat" wrote:

Fred

I did see Grizzly Man and I totally agree with you that he was a few fries

short of a Happy Meal.

Dry Heat

It was still a memorable film wasn't it?
He was nuts but it was a powerful film.
I still talk about it years after seeing it.

Did you see Into the WIld? also a true story
if not - you should
There are flaws but it was a good film directed by Sean Penn

Thanks
Fred
Old July 4th, 2008, 03:20 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Dry Heat[_2_]

Fred wrote:
On 3-Jul-2008, "Dry Heat" wrote:

Fred

I did see Grizzly Man and I totally agree with you that he was a few
fries

short of a Happy Meal.

Dry Heat

It was still a memorable film wasn't it?
He was nuts but it was a powerful film.
I still talk about it years after seeing it.

Did you see Into the WIld? also a true story
if not - you should
There are flaws but it was a good film directed by Sean Penn

Thanks
Fred

Didn't see Into the Wild, but I will look for it. Sean Penn has some talent
but it is to bad he is so left winger.

I feel sorry for the guys girlfriend in Grizzly Man. She knew he was nuts
and she almost got out.

Later

Dry Heat

It is hotter than hell in AZ

Old July 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On Jul 3, 8:20 pm, "Dry Heat" wrote:
Fred wrote:
On 3-Jul-2008, "Dry Heat" wrote:

[...]

Sean Penn is a hockey player?

OBAF: Try tying some spoon flies in smaller sizes for trout and
panfish.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Old July 31st, 2008, 06:06 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Fred

Default OT - Wilderness films and what I like about this NG

On 3-Jul-2008, "Fred" wrote:

No Fred, it's perfect. Like that hole nobody knows about but that you
can count on for a fish.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer

==

No Bull**** on politics
Its depressing & disgusting enough enough w /o seeing it on a FF newsgroup

Yet there is not much of anthing else here either for that matter.
Too bad it would be a good alternative

Fred
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:57 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On Jul 31, 11:06*am, "Fred" wrote:
On *3-Jul-2008, "Fred" wrote:

No Fred, it's perfect. Like that hole nobody knows about but that you
can count on for a fish.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer

==

No Bull**** on politics
Its depressing & disgusting enough enough w /o seeing it on a FF newsgroup

Yet there is not much of anthing else here either for that matter.
Too bad it would be a good alternative

Fred

I'm with ya man! I agree...

TBone