Sport Carnage

Old June 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

Default Sport Carnage

On Jun 26, 10:09 am, Halfordian Golfer wrote:
Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:
"daytripper" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:51:47 -0400, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

I registered withwww.motzarella.org, but it doesn't offer alt.flyfishing
as
one of the NGs available. I can get ROFF and ROFFT.

Op

Ooops! My error - I saw alt.fishing in my list of carried groups and
spaced it
into alt.flyfishing instead.

I just sent an inquiry to the braintrust at motzarella.org to see if
they'd
add alt.flyfishing to their list of carried groups. I'll follow up with
any
replies I receive...

/daytripper

Thanks 'tripper.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to cancel my *cabal* service via Charter
Communications and go with Verizon.

I would be losing the ability to receive TV, but I'm not too sure that would
be such a loss.

I will try Verizon's broadband wireless service *free* for about 20 days
before I decide to accept it or discontinue their service. I reckon I should
turn off the TV for the next 20 days to see if I can make it without it? Not
sure I can do it--been addicted for over 40 some years :~^ (

Anyway, if ya have any experience with wireless use for an extended amount
of time, I'd sure like to hear your opinion.

Op --haven't had a cigarette in over two weeks, but I have picked up
dippin' to take the edge off--

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Google groups will continue to carry it!

Tim

BTW Great job OP, keep it up man...
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:37 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
daytripper

wrote:

I registered with www.motzarella.org, but it doesn't offer alt.flyfishing as
one of the NGs available. I can get ROFF and ROFFT.

Op

Ooops! My error - I saw alt.fishing in my list of carried groups and spaced it
into alt.flyfishing instead.

I just sent an inquiry to the braintrust at motzarella.org to see if they'd
add alt.flyfishing to their list of carried groups. I'll follow up with any
replies I receive...

/daytripper

motzarella.org added alt.flyfishing to their carried groups list today...

cheers

/daytripper
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:41 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

wrote:

I registered withwww.motzarella.org, but it doesn't offer alt.flyfishing as
one of the NGs available. I can get ROFF and ROFFT.

Op

Ooops! My error - I saw alt.fishing in my list of carried groups and spaced it
into alt.flyfishing instead.

I just sent an inquiry to the braintrust at motzarella.org to see if they'd
add alt.flyfishing to their list of carried groups. I'll follow up with any
replies I receive...

/daytripper

motzarella.org added alt.flyfishing to their carried groups list today...

cheers

/daytripper

Which makes Fortenberry more correct every day, which sucks.

I can no longer claim responsibility for creating alt.flyfishing.

For The Flyfishing Alternative I say....

Thanks for that man!

Old June 28th, 2008, 01:13 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
daytripper wrote:
daytripper wrote:
I just sent an inquiry to the braintrust at motzarella.org to see if they'd
add alt.flyfishing to their list of carried groups. I'll follow up with any
replies I receive...

motzarella.org added alt.flyfishing to their carried groups list today...

Which makes Fortenberry more correct every day, which sucks.

I was just as correct ten years ago as I was yesterday and
just as correct then as I am today, you're the one who's
taken forever to finally catch a clue.

I can no longer claim responsibility for creating alt.flyfishing.

You never could. The alt.* hierarchy has no "creators" only
enablers. Same as it ever was.

--
Ken Fortenberry - ex-enabler
Old June 28th, 2008, 05:35 AM posted to alt.flyfishing
Fred

On 27-Jun-2008, Ken Fortenberry wrote:

I was just as correct ten years ago as I was yesterday and
just as correct then as I am today, you're the one who's
taken forever to finally catch a clue.

I can no longer claim responsibility for creating alt.flyfishing.

You never could. The alt.* hierarchy has no "creators" only
enablers. Same as it ever was.

--
Ken Fortenberry - ex-enabler

alt.flyfishing

Well thanks to both of you.
Its good to have an alternative list.

However, it really never seemed to take off ???..

Fred
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On Jun 27, 10:35 pm, "Fred" wrote:
On 27-Jun-2008, Ken Fortenberry wrote:

I was just as correct ten years ago as I was yesterday and
just as correct then as I am today, you're the one who's
taken forever to finally catch a clue.

I can no longer claim responsibility for creating alt.flyfishing.

You never could. The alt.* hierarchy has no "creators" only
enablers. Same as it ever was.

--
Ken Fortenberry - ex-enabler

alt.flyfishing

Well thanks to both of you.
Its good to have an alternative list.

However, it really never seemed to take off ???..

Fred

No Fred, it's perfect. Like that hole nobody knows about but that you
can count on for a fish.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Fred

On 28-Jun-2008, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

No Fred, it's perfect. Like that hole nobody knows about but that you
can count on for a fish.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer

True words & a great point

Fred
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Halfordian Golfer

On Jun 27, 6:13 pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Halfordian Golfer wrote:
daytripper wrote:
daytripper wrote:
I just sent an inquiry to the braintrust at motzarella.org to see if they'd
add alt.flyfishing to their list of carried groups. I'll follow up with any
replies I receive...

motzarella.org added alt.flyfishing to their carried groups list today...

Which makes Fortenberry more correct every day, which sucks.

I was just as correct ten years ago as I was yesterday and
just as correct then as I am today, you're the one who's
taken forever to finally catch a clue.

I can no longer claim responsibility for creating alt.flyfishing.

You never could. The alt.* hierarchy has no "creators" only
enablers. Same as it ever was.

--
Ken Fortenberry - ex-enabler

Since you're being a weenie - I retract my statement. When I found an
email posting tool that allowed custom headers, had the idea for
alt.flyfishing and alt.binaries.pictures.fishing and then sent the
creation message, there can be little doubt that I created those
newsgroups. In the early day most NNTP servers would automatically
create NG's as witnessed by the proliferation of thousands, if not
millions, of "silly" NG's. If you're old enough you remember them. The
only reason you had to "enable" creation is because, as a NG
administrator, you had previously disabled automatic NG creation on
header, or you installed software that had that as the default.

I created the NG's no question about it. Did I stand on the shoulders
of giants? Of course, as we all do, but that would amount to the same
thing as saying The Vatican's Home Depot created the ceiling on the
Sistene Chapel.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Newsgroup Creator and Author
Guilt Replaced the Creel
It is impossible to catch and release a wild trout.
A cash flow runs through it.
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:35 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Halfordian Golfer wrote:
I can no longer claim responsibility for creating alt.flyfishing.

You never could. The alt.* hierarchy has no "creators" only
enablers. Same as it ever was.

Since you're being a weenie - I retract my statement. ...

And just when you were starting to catch a clue. That's too bad.
You keep working on it, Tim. I predict a breakthrough moment any
decade now. LOL !!

--
Ken Fortenberry