sequine popper

Old January 1st, 2007, 02:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Default sequine popper

I got my Sequin Popper published in the Dec issue of Flyfish America and
will tie it for the next swap if the response isn't over whelming. They
edited it quite a bit from my instructions. I have never tied it on a # 4
hook
Just a 8 or 10. But with that said it is a very good bass and panfish fly.
Wile participatining in another swap I got a E-mail that the guy caught a
5# bass the first cast with it

Old January 2nd, 2007, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pittendrigh

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:
I got my Sequin Popper published in the Dec issue of Flyfish America and
will tie it for the next swap if the response isn't over whelming. They
edited it quite a bit from my instructions. I have never tied it on a # 4
hook
Just a 8 or 10. But with that said it is a very good bass and panfish fly.
Wile participatining in another swap I got a E-mail that the guy caught a
5# bass the first cast with it

.......got a link to that fly, that you can post here?
I looked at Flyfish America and couldn't find the Sequin Popper

Old January 3rd, 2007, 02:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry and a Cat named Dub

The web don't show it but It is on page 67 Dec 06 Issue I can post a
picture on alt binaries pictures fishing if you like
ups.com...

Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
John

Congratulations and please post a pic plus tying instructions. Tell us how
it came about.
Thanks for sharing.
John
. net...

Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry and a Cat named Dub

For some reason I cant get any pictures or post in alt bin fishing . It is a
good reason to set we up a separate site for my fly's

Old January 8th, 2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
John

It really looks good.. Thanks for posting it.

The sequine looks like a propeller blade. What is the sequine's purpose on
the fly? It is supposed to make the bug wiggle when stripped or just
reflect light or some other purpose?

If optional mono eyes are used, where do you tie them? In front of bead,
between bead and sequine, or between sequine and foam?

When tied correctly and casted into the water, where does the water line lie
lengthwise along the body? Does the body lie parallel to the surface or
does the gap end sink lower or does the bead-eye end sink lower?

Thanks again for posting. I'm going sequine shopping!

Old January 21st, 2007, 08:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Sorry I didn't catch sooner No the sequin is fixed and pushes the water
while making a popping sound. It also reflects in the sunlight as a
attractant
I just tied one with a small plastic pearl chain for eyes on top of the
sequin tying behind and in front of them It looks like a super addition but
I wont know till I can get it on the water If I can post to alt bin pictures
I will
One swap I was involved in the person informed me he caught a 3? or 5? #
bass on it his first cast