Did someone mention Llandegfedd?

Old April 27th, 2010, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sam Kennedy[_3_]

Default Did someone mention Llandegfedd?

Hi All,

Can't believe that was way back in 97/98?. I seem to remember it being wet
(and windy), losing my hat, getting my line wrapped around the prop, the
engine cutting out and then the rip cord snapping and having to row back in
(and back out again for Alec's hat) and catching sod all... but hey it was
fun (wasn't it?)

Sorry I haven't been around for what seems like ages but life has a habit of
getting in the way! Not done much trout fishing over the last few years,
come to think of it I haven't done much fishing at all.

Sarah and I managed a few hours at Mickle Trafford (Cheshire) but drew a
blank...still the pub meal afterwards was worth it.

Hope anyone that remembers me is keeping well.

Regards

Sam

Old April 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Sam Kennedy" wrote in message
Hi All,

Can't believe that was way back in 97/98?. I seem to remember it being wet
(and windy), losing my hat, getting my line wrapped around the prop, the
engine cutting out and then the rip cord snapping and having to row back
in (and back out again for Alec's hat) and catching sod all... but hey it
was fun (wasn't it?)

Sorry I haven't been around for what seems like ages but life has a habit
of getting in the way! Not done much trout fishing over the last few
years, come to think of it I haven't done much fishing at all.

Sarah and I managed a few hours at Mickle Trafford (Cheshire) but drew a
blank...still the pub meal afterwards was worth it.

Hope anyone that remembers me is keeping well.

Regards

Sam

Hi Sam, Yes indeed I do remember you - vividly. I regret I've forgotten your
daughter's name - she was only a baby back in those days.

That Saturday, the rain was so bad that Phil Jones and I beached and took
shelter in a bird watching hide !

I do little or no fishing these days - things change, and I seem to have
lost the urge to kill fish now.

Best wishes,

Bill

Old April 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sam Kennedy[_3_]

Hi Bill,

Good to hear from you. Daughters name is Emily and she is now 11 years old!!
AND she still has the doll you sent when she was born.

She has started fly fishing but has yet to catch a trout (although she has
several decent carp to her name!)

I will see if I can get some pictures up.

Hope you are keeping well.

Sam

p.s.

I think I may have emailed this to you as well by mistake so apologies for
the duplication!

Old April 30th, 2010, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Just Dave

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

[...]

I wuz there..... and yes, I remember the sleet coming down....some
bloke motoring by, muttering "There's olives hatching over there", me
thinking "I don't give a f*%&^&*" - what passes for a summer in S
Wales...

We've had several meets up at Llyn Brenig since then, some fine
times. Hope that all's well for you & yours...

cheers

Old April 30th, 2010, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sam Kennedy[_3_]

Hi Dave,

Well I'm living just outside Chester now so Brenig is almost on the
doorstep. I know my brother has been asking me to take him out on a boat so
I suppose I should get around to it.

I fished Tree Tops (nr Wrexham) this week for the first time (and the first
time trout fishing for nearly a year). Not really my kind of fishery but
took one for the pot. Having moved away from Devon, I miss fishing the West
Dart up on the moors so am hoping to find something similar in N.Wales to
fill that gap.

Cheers

Sam

Old May 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Just Dave

On Apr 30, 5:34*pm, "Sam Kennedy" wrote:
Hi Dave,

Well I'm living just outside Chester now so Brenig is almost on the

Well, yes - we had some fun up there, but not for a while. I will see
if I can relocate the reports to these weekends when I get a mo.

As for wild trout fishing - it's a bit off my patch - the closest I
have fished is the Dee around Llangollen, but I would have thought
that there might be something around Denbigh way? You're always
welcome to come and visit me (near Bangor), and I'll take you up to
some beautiful lakes. I had that Andy Lawson visit a couple of weeks
ago - last time he was here it was almost curtains due to cardiac
arrest as we climbed up to the high lake.

godammit, work beckons... cy'all
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Just Dave, gave forth these words of wisdom:
On Apr 30, 5:34*pm, "Sam Kennedy" wrote:
Hi Dave,

Well I'm living just outside Chester now so Brenig is almost on the

Well, yes - we had some fun up there, but not for a while. I will see
if I can relocate the reports to these weekends when I get a mo.

As for wild trout fishing - it's a bit off my patch - the closest I
have fished is the Dee around Llangollen, but I would have thought
that there might be something around Denbigh way? You're always
welcome to come and visit me (near Bangor), and I'll take you up to
some beautiful lakes. I had that Andy Lawson visit a couple of weeks
ago - last time he was here it was almost curtains due to cardiac
arrest as we climbed up to the high lake.

godammit, work beckons... cy'all

Hey! Good to hear from you Sam and Dave, (good group name that:-)
I was wondering if anyone remembered Llandegfedd!
Still have the coaster that Bill gave us all.
As Dave said we've had some fun over the years at Brenig. Must do it
again sometime.
As for Mr Lawson having a cardiac arrest I suppose he still needs to
lose a bit of blubber :-)
Start thinking about Brenig in August, say??????????????????????
Haven't fished at all this year yet, too busy now I've retired :-(
Take care,
Alec

--
"The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of mens lives the hours
spent in fishing......"

Old May 15th, 2010, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
Hey! Good to hear from you Sam and Dave, (good group name that:-)

As for Mr Lawson having a cardiac arrest I suppose he still needs to

lose a bit of blubber :-)

Is this for real ? - I hadn't heard about it!

Regards,

Bill

Old May 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Alec Powell

On Sat, 15 May 2010, Bill Grey, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Is this for real ? - I hadn't heard about it!

Regards,

Bill

No Bill, I joke. As far as I know he is fit and well and I shall have to
contact him to see about a day on the Windrush
Cheers,
Alec

Old May 16th, 2010, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 May 2010, Bill Grey, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Is this for real ? - I hadn't heard about it!

Regards,

Bill

No Bill, I joke. As far as I know he is fit and well and I shall have to
contact him to see about a day on the Windrush
Cheers,
Alec
--
"The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of mens lives the hours
spent in fishing......"

Hi Alec,

I'm so glad that your joking. I'd be upset if Andy had taken ill.
Keep well

Bill