Kreh Factor

Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default Kreh Factor

What's your "Kreh Factor?" Fishing, mine is a two (I've fished with
someone that has fished with Lefty). On fly tying, mine is a one (I've
tied with Lefty).
Frank Reid
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton[_2_]

"Frank Reid © 2010" wrote in message
What's your "Kreh Factor?" Fishing, mine is a two (I've fished with
someone that has fished with Lefty). On fly tying, mine is a one (I've
tied with Lefty).
Frank Reid

I guess that makes me 3, and 2 respectively. Not that I've ever strived, nor
even aspired to any association with Mr. Kreh. Fly fishing celebraties have,
generally, been a huge disappointment. Two exceptions(possibly the only two)
have been Jack Gartside and Francis Betters.
Tom

Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Aug 22, 12:36*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Frank Reid © 2010" wrote in ...

What's your "Kreh Factor?" Fishing, mine is a two (I've fished with
someone that has fished with Lefty). On fly tying, mine is a one (I've
tied with Lefty).
Frank Reid

I guess that makes me 3, and 2 respectively. Not that I've ever strived, nor
even aspired to any association with Mr. Kreh. Fly fishing celebraties have,
generally, been a huge disappointment. Two exceptions(possibly the only two)
have been Jack Gartside and Francis Betters.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Lefty was pretty cool. I've met quite a few at differing events, and
I must say that some are down right assholes. If you don't have bucks
to support them in their next endeavor, go away. Others, like Kelly
Galloup, really want to show you the latest thing they've learned and
are willing to listen to what you've come up with.
Frank Reid
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Littleton wrote:
"Frank Reid wrote:
What's your "Kreh Factor?" Fishing, mine is a two (I've fished with
someone that has fished with Lefty). On fly tying, mine is a one (I've
tied with Lefty).

I guess that makes me 3, and 2 respectively. Not that I've ever strived, nor
even aspired to any association with Mr. Kreh. Fly fishing celebraties have,
generally, been a huge disappointment. Two exceptions(possibly the only two)
have been Jack Gartside and Francis Betters.

I met Skip Morris who is something of a fly fishing celebrity and
he's a genuinely nice guy.

As for Kreh factor, I'm a 2,2. Big whoop.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Aug 22, 1:15*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Tom Littleton wrote:
"Frank Reid *wrote:
What's your "Kreh Factor?" Fishing, mine is a two (I've fished with
someone that has fished with Lefty). On fly tying, mine is a one (I've
tied with Lefty).

I guess that makes me 3, and 2 respectively. Not that I've ever strived, nor
even aspired to any association with Mr. Kreh. Fly fishing celebraties have,
generally, been a huge disappointment. Two exceptions(possibly the only two)
have been Jack Gartside and Francis Betters.

I met Skip Morris who is something of a fly fishing celebrity and
he's a genuinely nice guy.

As for Kreh factor, I'm a 2,2. Big whoop.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Never got near Lefty.

Had a beer or two with the Trout Bum back in the early days, on the
back porch of a bar in Lake George. Haven't seen him since.

He was an "aw, shucks" guy then, willing to talk to anyone, anytime.

Have no idea what he is like now or if he knows (probably does) Lefty.

cheers

oz
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
--riverman

wrote:

Tom Littleton wrote:
"Frank Reid *wrote:
[...]

I'm 2 and 2, whoop-de-do. Fished with Ted Williams (the headless Red
Sox pitcher, who was a great friend of Lefty's) and I've tyed with
you.

--riverman
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Aug 22, 12:36*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Frank Reid © 2010" wrote in ...

What's your "Kreh Factor?" Fishing, mine is a two (I've fished with
someone that has fished with Lefty). On fly tying, mine is a one (I've
tied with Lefty).
Frank Reid

I guess that makes me 3, and 2 respectively. Not that I've ever strived, nor
even aspired to any association with Mr. Kreh. Fly fishing celebraties have,
generally, been a huge disappointment. Two exceptions(possibly the only two)
have been Jack Gartside and Francis Betters.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Perhaps there are some you haven't met yet? Or some whose depths you
have not yet plumbed?

giles
for whom human beings have, thus far, been a huge disappointement but,
who, nevertheless, holds out hope that there are more in this world
than the handfull of thousands with whom he has thus far had close
contact.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:

As for Kreh factor, I'm a 2,2. Big whoop.

Yeah, big whoop.

But......

It needed to be said, ainna?

g.
BOO!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Aug 22, 8:42*pm, Giles wrote:
[...]

I am a firm believer in the "six-degrees-of-separation" theory.

If given access to ALL the relevant data, I am certain I can find six
or fewer nodes between me and anyone else on earth.

Qualification: Meeting or touching -- handshake in a receiving line
or face-to-face acknowledgement -- is the minimum requirement. It's
not as if each node connection has to be best buddies.

cheers

oz
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
george9219

wrote:

Tom Littleton wrote:
"Frank Reid *wrote:
[...]

Ummm.....Ted Williams was a left fielder. Your penalty is the
deduction of the first 2 points of your Kreh Factor. I can't really
figure what mine is. I know several people who have met Lefty, but I
never did. Not surprisingly, I never tried to figure the number, and
don't really care.