Is it OK if I jump in?

Old February 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Is it OK if I jump in?

On 2/5/2011 12:31 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

Tom won't have any trouble with that. "I wish I was an Oscar Mayer
Wiener" is his theme song. d;o)

who told on me?g
Tom
Old February 6th, 2011, 10:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Welcome
Old February 7th, 2011, 06:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Allread

On 02/04/2011 10:52 AM, jerseygeorge wrote:
Guys-

A fishing friend of mine, Gene in Maryland (who I am sure many of you
know) keeps suggesting I post-hang out-fish and whatever with the ROFF
guys. It took a while to figure out what ROFF was but here I am.

Mostly a trout fisherman, central PA, and the Upper Delaware system.
Don't do any sal****er fly fishing, even though I live close to some
great fishing (Jersey shore and Jamaica Bay). I also visit sal****er
destination on a regular basis on business. Aruba, San Diego Bay,
Barbados, Fort Lauderdale. I even have a Sage 9wt with a Pate reel,
but I have never used it.

So that's it. Gene told me that collectively this group has a wealth
of information about fishing on a world wide basis. I hope I can
contribute also.

Jersey George

I'd welcome you in, but I'm a newbie myself, and mostly lurk around
reveling in the wisdom of my betters. I just learned how to tie an RS2
nymph on a #16 dry fly hook though, right out of Charlie Craven's book.
That's the smallest fly I've tied to date.
So, hey... You're at least as welcome as I am.

Old February 7th, 2011, 06:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 02/05/2011 06:18 AM, riverman wrote:
Todd; Take note.

I noticed. What a difference a last name makes.

I have resisted posting for two weeks.
In that time I also noticed that over the last
month or so, I had become a troll. I was also
surprised at how much time it was taking from my
family. The trolling had become somewhat of a
vice. A few minutes spent posting was not a few
minutes.

So, this will be my last post on this newsgroup.
I have found a nice "moderated" forum that I like:
no one gets ****ed at terms like "metamorphosis"
(I did a search) and they stick to fishing. And
since you have to sign up to post, resisting signing
up will keep me from turning into a troll over
there as well. I will be deleting roff off my list
in about 30 seconds sending this.

I wish to thank everyone for the good conversation
and all the fishing tips they have shared with me.

Okay, and as for the mystery of my last name, it
is ... now this is embarrassing, I forgot. Oh well.
It is on my fishing license if I ever need it. :-)

Good bye all. Wish I could have handled it better.

-T