Underwater Cameras

Old December 17th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Bill Shelley

Default Underwater Cameras

Anybody using an Aqua-Vu Scout or other underwater camera? Any
recommendations?
Old December 17th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Joshuall

Bill,
Here in Chicagoland the waters so stained I can't imagine them being of
much use at all. Lake Mich on occasion, but it was also stained pretty good
most of the year. I don't know many places in the Midwest-upper Midwest
where they would really be of much benefit. Possible some places in Wisc an
Minn. but not around here for sure so I think water clarity would be a big
deal.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old December 18th, 2004, 03:59 AM
go-bassn

I'll bet you can spend a lifetime using one on Boom Lake & never see a
bass...

--
Warren

http://www.warrenwolk.com
Http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
2004 NJ B.A.S.S. Federation State Champions

Old December 19th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Bill Shelley

Bill Shelley wrote:
Anybody using an Aqua-Vu Scout or other underwater camera? Any
recommendations?

That is my concern. I fish tidal rivers and a few lakes in VA where
visibility is usually 2' or less. The manufacturers claim the cameras
can see 2X farther than the human eye. If this its true I can see where
it would be helpful probing cover and structure located with a depth
finder just to see what's down there. I'm still undecided but at $200
the price has got me thinking about it now.
Old December 20th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Bob La Londe

$200 is pretty cheap. You would be hard pressed to put together a cheap
camera, make your own water proof housing, and add a DC monitor for much
less, and that doesn't take in your time to put it together.

--
Spinner Baits Tips & Tricks Contest
featuring

** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 21st, 2004, 12:29 PM
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Bill Shelley wrote:
: Anybody using an Aqua-Vu Scout or other underwater camera? Any
: recommendations?

Yep, doing Secci disk testing, your lucky if you can see 40 inches into
the water... http://www.chicagopaddling.org/testit.html check out the
water color grid on that page... I was told that chart only applies to
northern Illinois... strip mines in southern illinois don't follow the
chart.

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page