Transferring the ****?

Old January 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark H. Bowen[_2_]

Default Transferring the ****?

On Friday, January 7, 2011 5:46:39 PM UTC-5, Mark H. Bowen wrote:
Okay, you guyz that have the most experience with this hydrophobic fumed silica need to tell me the best way to transfer the crap from a large container to a small FF bottle?

I see why it comes in a quart bag, as you loose a portion of it just transferring to a large more solid container. I'm afraid to go any further, as my hands are without moisture now and I fear I might be reduced to my basic chemical elements, if I handle the stuff any longer with out some assistance!

Op --in need of remoisturizing--

Okay, I went with the funnel suggestions and also used a mellon baller to scoop out the white stuff, then dropped beads of desiccant into the applicator bottle.

Not the best method, but it worked well enough.

Op --who has to buy a new mellon baller that can rest in the silverware tray for another decade or so, without use.
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
george9219

On Jan 8, 11:24*am, "Mark H. Bowen" wrote:
[...]

Two words Turkey baster
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

george9219 typed:
[...]

Speaking of turkey basterds, are we good to go for Friday?
--
TL,
Tim