ot...

Old January 14th, 2011, 11:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default ot...

"a fold or break of a current. a burst of bubbles or the ripple of a
stone in a little stream, sharply and vividly matched to some known part
of a big river, releases in me a flood of satisfaction that must, i
think, be akin to what a philosopher feels as his mind is opened to a
profound truth. i feel larger and better and stronger for it...i have
tried to rationalize this as growing from a sense of unity between the
great and the small or perhaps merely from the godlike position that
finds a full, wide river between my feet, my own body magnified as my
mind has magnified the stream. certainly there is a spell that i break
reluctantly and that hangs with me as i turn to walk toward home across
the field or through the woods, and perhaps one day i may know what and
why it is."

-roderick haig-brown, quoted by chris camuto in "leaning on water".

the great mystery, ... and, at the very least, some pleasant writing
floated in waters we all lean on occasionally.
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-01-14 18:52:50 -0500, jeff said:

[...]

That's not ot. Stop mislabeling your missives.

And, btw, thanks.

Old January 15th, 2011, 03:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
george9219

On 2011-01-14 18:52:50 -0500, jeff said:

[...]

Dave

Dave, how are you doing?
Old January 15th, 2011, 03:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
ScovilleUnit

george9219 wrote in
:

On 2011-01-14 18:52:50 -0500, jeff said:

[...]

He is in prime shape....he is always trying to supress my anti-$pam
comments/suggestions here, I often wonder if he secretly want to be a
worthless $pamer like Stevie (HUGE BROOKIES) Hubris, or that Rat Trap
Junk $pamer...Dick (Rodney Long) Short!!!!

HH

Old January 15th, 2011, 11:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-01-14 18:52:50 -0500, jeff said:

[...]

Pretty good. Walking with (and sometimes without) a cane. Some pain,
but I have my appetite back (for food and this nut house). Heading to
Georgia next week for the rest of the winter. I hope to be playing
golf and fishing in a month or so.

Saw your post to Tim about the fly show. I just can't make it. Joanne
and I, however, are taking Whit and Maureen, owners of Lakewood, to
dinner tonight. If you go to the show today, stop by their boothe.