Is it OK if I jump in?

Old February 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jerseygeorge

Default Is it OK if I jump in?

Guys-

A fishing friend of mine, Gene in Maryland (who I am sure many of you
know) keeps suggesting I post-hang out-fish and whatever with the ROFF
guys. It took a while to figure out what ROFF was but here I am.

Mostly a trout fisherman, central PA, and the Upper Delaware system.
Don't do any sal****er fly fishing, even though I live close to some
great fishing (Jersey shore and Jamaica Bay). I also visit sal****er
destination on a regular basis on business. Aruba, San Diego Bay,
Barbados, Fort Lauderdale. I even have a Sage 9wt with a Pate reel,
but I have never used it.

So that's it. Gene told me that collectively this group has a wealth
of information about fishing on a world wide basis. I hope I can
contribute also.

Jersey George
Old February 4th, 2011, 06:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"jerseygeorge" wrote in message
Guys-

A fishing friend of mine, Gene in Maryland (who I am sure many of you
know) keeps suggesting I post-hang out-fish and whatever with the ROFF
guys. It took a while to figure out what ROFF was but here I am.

Mostly a trout fisherman, central PA, and the Upper Delaware system.
Don't do any sal****er fly fishing, even though I live close to some
great fishing (Jersey shore and Jamaica Bay). I also visit sal****er
destination on a regular basis on business. Aruba, San Diego Bay,
Barbados, Fort Lauderdale. I even have a Sage 9wt with a Pate reel,
but I have never used it.

So that's it. Gene told me that collectively this group has a wealth
of information about fishing on a world wide basis. I hope I can
contribute also.

Jersey George

Welcome!

Look forward to your input.

JT

Old February 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Feb 4, 12:56*pm, "JT" wrote:
[...]

JT- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but its "Gene," he of the formerlly bloody steak covered hands
(I mean, he's a vegan now). Can you really trust what a fishing
vegans says?
Frank Reid
(and welcome. Hope to see you at Penns)
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
flebow[_2_]

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:56:28 -0800, "JT"
wrote:

So that's it. Gene told me that collectively this group has a wealth
of information about fishing on a world wide basis. I hope I can
contribute also.

Jersey George

Welcome!

Look forward to your input.

JT

Jersey George

Ditto the above
Welcome!

Fred

Old February 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Welcome. We expect you to post a letter from your psychiatrist asap.

Dave d;o)

Old February 4th, 2011, 11:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

George,
Welcome, and give my best to Mr.C in Maryland. We'll expect you to show
up at the Penn's Clave(week before Memorial Day, details will follow),
and until then, any good tales or info will raise the collective IQ here
immensely.
At present, I'm busy working on my patterns for snapping turtles.....

Tom
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 2/4/2011 1:52 PM, jerseygeorge wrote:
Guys-

A fishing friend of mine, Gene in Maryland (who I am sure many of you
know) keeps suggesting I post-hang out-fish and whatever with the ROFF
guys. It took a while to figure out what ROFF was but here I am.

Mostly a trout fisherman, central PA, and the Upper Delaware system.
Don't do any sal****er fly fishing, even though I live close to some
great fishing (Jersey shore and Jamaica Bay). I also visit sal****er
destination on a regular basis on business. Aruba, San Diego Bay,
Barbados, Fort Lauderdale. I even have a Sage 9wt with a Pate reel,
but I have never used it.

So that's it. Gene told me that collectively this group has a wealth
of information about fishing on a world wide basis. I hope I can
contribute also.

Jersey George

welcome to murky waters george...it takes a bit of adjustment, but be
patient with the crowd and you'll find decent folks and good fishermen
meandering hereabout.

now, down to business. i'm not sure how you got stuck with that toxic
sal****er rod and reel combo, but i'd recommend you dump it in a hurry!
.... um...perhaps gene told you of the free disposal service i provide
for those who find themselves burdened with such useless gear? g

jeff (your southern neighbor in nc)
Old February 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Feb 5, 2:52*am, jerseygeorge wrote:
Guys-

A fishing friend of mine, Gene in Maryland (who I am sure many of you
know) keeps suggesting I post-hang out-fish and whatever with the ROFF
guys. *It took a while to figure out what ROFF was but here I am.

Mostly a trout fisherman, central PA, and the Upper Delaware system.
Don't do any sal****er fly fishing, even though I live close to some
great fishing (Jersey shore and Jamaica Bay). *I also visit sal****er
destination on a regular basis on business. *Aruba, San Diego Bay,
Barbados, Fort Lauderdale. *I even have a Sage 9wt with a Pate reel,
but I have never used it.

So that's it. *Gene told me that collectively this group has a wealth
of information about fishing on a world wide basis. *I hope I can
contribute also.

Jersey George

Todd; Take note.

Welcome to the nuthouse, JG

--riverman
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jerseygeorge

Thanks all-

Yes, it's a nuthouse. I have been lurking for awhile. But Gene had
told me he has enjoyed fishing with many of you. I have the last two
weeks of May off so I am confident I will be joining you up on
Penns.

Geo

ps. As for the snapping turtle, anything you tie should resemble an
"Oscar Mayer All Beef Wiener", and it should float.

Old February 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-02-05 12:09:53 -0500, jerseygeorge said:

Thanks all-

Yes, it's a nuthouse. I have been lurking for awhile. But Gene had
told me he has enjoyed fishing with many of you. I have the last two
weeks of May off so I am confident I will be joining you up on
Penns.

Geo

ps. As for the snapping turtle, anything you tie should resemble an
"Oscar Mayer All Beef Wiener", and it should float.

Tom won't have any trouble with that. "I wish I was an Oscar Mayer
Wiener" is his theme song. d;o)