nc salt

Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Default nc salt

jeff wrote:
rw wrote:

jeff wrote:

did a bit of sal****er fishing on the nc coast with friends last
week... here are a few pics...most taken by them, a few taken by me.
good time had by all.

Sweet.

it was...you need to sample the false albacore and puppy drum here some
time. the prime albie fishing here gets a bit "boated" sometimes, but
it's one of those things every flyfisherman ought to do once...we're
still contemplating amberjacks, which are new to me and a whole 'nother
skill set.

jeff

I'm anxiously awaiting the invite, Jeff.

Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

rw wrote:
jeff wrote:
rw wrote:

jeff wrote:

did a bit of sal****er fishing on the nc coast with friends last
week... here are a few pics...most taken by them, a few taken by
me. good time had by all.

Sweet.

it was...you need to sample the false albacore and puppy drum here
some time. the prime albie fishing here gets a bit "boated"
sometimes, but it's one of those things every flyfisherman ought to do
once...we're still contemplating amberjacks, which are new to me and a
whole 'nother skill set.

jeff

I'm anxiously awaiting the invite, Jeff.

you have an open invite steve...

we're talking about having another go at it next year, so i'll keep you
informed of the plans. the false albacore usually begin arriving mid to
late october, with the best blast occurring during the first two weeks
in November when bigger fish show. it's all dependent on water temps
and glass minnow migration, and it's hard to predict. november can get
blustery and chilly, so i prefer mid october when there is a good shot
at decent weather and a calmer ocean. we hit the end of the puppy drum
and the beginning of the albies just right this year...with good weather
and a calm ocean. still, the first part of the week was damp and chilly.
anyway, i'll stay in touch.

jeff

Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:04:19 -0500, jeff wrote:

we're talking about having another go at it next year, so i'll keep you
informed of the plans.

Keep me in the loop too, if you would. I'd like to try for some of those bad
boys.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Charlie Choc wrote:
On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:04:19 -0500, jeff wrote:

we're talking about having another go at it next year, so i'll keep you
informed of the plans.

Keep me in the loop too, if you would. I'd like to try for some of those bad
boys.

will do charlie. willi is talking about trying to kayak for the albies
too. since you and he kayak around sal****er crocs, i reckon the sharks
won't be too intimidating! g

jeff
Old November 3rd, 2009, 02:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 07:17:39 -0500, jeff wrote:

will do charlie. willi is talking about trying to kayak for the albies
too. since you and he kayak around sal****er crocs, i reckon the sharks
won't be too intimidating! g

I'd rather kayak with them than wade with them.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Wayne Harrison

wrote:

will do charlie. willi is talking about trying to kayak for the albies
too. since you and he kayak around sal****er crocs, i reckon the sharks
won't be too intimidating! g

I'd rather kayak with them than wade with them.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

i'd rather get into a gun fight with them. with me on the deck of a 20'
whaler.

yfitons
wayno

Old November 4th, 2009, 01:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

jeff wrote:
rw wrote:

jeff wrote:

[...]