best all-around plug for lake fishing ?

Old August 10th, 2006, 05:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
CAINE

Default best all-around plug for lake fishing ?

traditionally in these parts of the northeast, it was always a fake
minnow, i.e. "Rapala"

if you had to choose (1) lure to take all day fishing the edges as well
as middle of lake from a boat, what would you choose ?

suggestions/opinions ??

Old August 10th, 2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry

CAINE wrote:
snip
suggestions/opinions ??

OK, I have both a suggestion and an opinion.

I suggest you find another newsgroup to troll. And
in my opinion anybody who changes screen names to
deceive is someone with whom it is not worthwhile
to converse.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
duty-honor-country

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
CAINE wrote:
snip
suggestions/opinions ??

OK, I have both a suggestion and an opinion.

I suggest you find another newsgroup to troll. And
in my opinion anybody who changes screen names to
deceive is someone with whom it is not worthwhile
to converse.

--
Ken Fortenberry

not changed to deceive anyone- I can only make so many posts from my
home addy, before the google account maxes out and won't take anymore-
so I have to change to another to keep posting.

and besides, every ISP gives you 5 or 6 email accounts with any
subscription- so what's your problem ?

again, you're attacking people when the topic is fishing lures. you
need to learn how to relax.

Old August 10th, 2006, 08:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

duty-honor-country wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
CAINE wrote:
snip
suggestions/opinions ??

OK, I have both a suggestion and an opinion.

I suggest you find another newsgroup to troll. And
in my opinion anybody who changes screen names to
deceive is someone with whom it is not worthwhile
to converse.

--
Ken Fortenberry

not changed to deceive anyone- I can only make so many posts from my
home addy, before the google account maxes out and won't take anymore-
so I have to change to another to keep posting.

In other words he's been trolling all morning. Again, check any good
newsreader against Google and see that most things he's posted this
morning while arguing with others has been deleted.

and besides, every ISP gives you 5 or 6 email accounts with any
subscription- so what's your problem ?

Here's a posting that lists know aliases of this person. He has posted
under ALL of these at one time or another as he trolls his way through
Usenet. Google allows you to change your screen name at will and he
does often depending on who he is arguing with.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.collecting.8-track-tapes/browse_thread/thread/2e32db0256137ce6/cdc4b0ff56c3160e?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#cdc4b0ff56c3160e

again, you're attacking people when the topic is fishing lures. you
need to learn how to relax.

Typical Charlie Nudo MO, stir up some crap and then act like a nice guy
who is being attacked for nothing.

Old August 10th, 2006, 08:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

duty-honor-country wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
CAINE wrote:
snip
suggestions/opinions ??

OK, I have both a suggestion and an opinion.

I suggest you find another newsgroup to troll. And
in my opinion anybody who changes screen names to
deceive is someone with whom it is not worthwhile
to converse.

--
Ken Fortenberry

not changed to deceive anyone- I can only make so many posts from my
home addy, before the google account maxes out and won't take anymore-
so I have to change to another to keep posting.

Check out the newsgroup "rec.antiques.radio+phono" on a newsreader
other than Google and you'll see why "duty-honor-country" ran through
his daily Google posting allotment already today. He's already deleted
them on Google but another newsreader will still have them. Gotta love
the one about having someone kicked off their ISP.

Old August 10th, 2006, 09:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"CAINE" wrote in message
ups.com...
traditionally in these parts of the northeast, it was always a fake
minnow, i.e. "Rapala"

if you had to choose (1) lure to take all day fishing the edges as well
as middle of lake from a boat, what would you choose ?

suggestions/opinions ??

A lot of folks would say a spinner bait, but because you said plug, I would
have to say I'ld go with a medium diving Shad-R (no longer made) in blue and
pearl. It won't go as deep as some might like with it bottoming out around
8 feet, but then I have been known to carolina rig a crank bait in the past,
and some might say it goes too deep for fishing the edges, but if you
retrieve ity fast and hold the rod straight up over your head you can keep
it running in the 2-3 ft range.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old August 10th, 2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
duty-honor-country

Chris Rennert wrote:
DT6 in Shad :-)
CAINE wrote:
traditionally in these parts of the northeast, it was always a fake
minnow, i.e. "Rapala"

if you had to choose (1) lure to take all day fishing the edges as well
as middle of lake from a boat, what would you choose ?

suggestions/opinions ??

interesting suggestions.

one time my brother took a large weird looking lure out of my
grandfather's old tackle box- I don't even know what it was or what is
was supposed to mock, but it sounded like a tin can dragging a small
rattling chain when it went across the water- we all laughed hard every
time he casted it- until BANG- a bass hit it and he reeled it in- the
laughing stopped.

I have to find that lure, and take a picture of it and post it here-
maybe one of you fellas can ID it for me

I missed one on a plug yesterday afternoon- using the baitcaster- here
I was casting as far as I could, about 100-125 feet or so, fishing
along lillys and weeds and slowly working my way down a 200 foot
stretch of shoreline- at the end there was one of the small inlets to
the lake and a channel- so I toss the darn lure about 40 feet away
across the channel, almost hitting the other shoreline, and start
retrieving, not being ready and not expecting anything- POW- a bass
hits it and I miss him.

he got me !

Old August 11th, 2006, 12:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
duty-honor-country

Chris Rennert wrote:
The math in your whole post doesn't add up. I'm sorry I bit.
duty-honor-country wrote:
Chris Rennert wrote:
DT6 in Shad :-)
CAINE wrote:
[...]

there is no "math" involved- I was whipping a lure as hard and far as I
could with sidearm casts. It will go 100 feet with a heavy lure.
Then I make this gentle 40 foot cast nearby, and get a hit.

Last night I caught a 3 lb. bass at the local pond here on another
plug.