Penns Creek- Murder at Stans Pool!

Old July 31st, 2009, 02:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene

Default Penns Creek- Murder at Stans Pool!

Went up to my trailer to power wash, use my hammock, read, do a little
fishing, and burn some vacation. It's amazing how well you can see
out of your trailer when windows are cleaned on the inside and out!
I bumped into Streamer Stan at Burkholder's on Monday. He said that
when the water was a little muddy a week or so ago, some spinner guys
came to his stretch of water and (don't quote me on the numbers but)
took 4 or 5 large trout! The fish were in the 16 to 19 inch range.
He said that he tried to explain to them that they were having an
adverse impact on the future of fishing there. The fish that they
were keeping were breeders. He told me that his advise feel on deaf
ears.

The good news is, the water temp down on the parking lot side of the
tunnel bridge is 63 in late July. I have seen it in the high 70's in
prior years.
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Time to toast to their memory. Bar keep! Pass me a Troutslayer!
Frank Reid
(face it, its always about beer)
Old August 1st, 2009, 04:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John B[_2_]

"Gene" wrote in message
[...]

You know....Stan should have just told them to get the hell off his
property....

john

Old August 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Should have called in the DEP the regs state 2 fish over 14 inches
from 8am opening day until labor day...............
Old August 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 07:00:48 -0700 (PDT), Mike wrote:

Should have called in the DEP the regs state 2 fish over 14 inches
from 8am opening day until labor day...............

Reminds me of an old joke...

An old country boy comes across a city-slicker turkey hunting out in the woods
and he has a dead hen. The man explains to the dude that it's illegal to shoot
hens. The dude gets uppity at first and then the man mentions the Game Warden,
so the dude gets nervous and asks if there is some way they can settle it
"quietly." The country boy thinks about it a minute and says they can settle it
the country folks' way. They'll kick each other in the nuts until one gives up
and the winner gets his way. The dude reluctantly agrees and the man kicks the
dude in the nuts as hard as he can. When the dude comes to, he says it's his
turn. The man says, "Ya know, while you was throwin' up and rollin' around and
all passed out and all, I got to figuring about I never liked to deal with them
ol' Game Wardens no way, so if you want that bird that bad, you go on and take
her..."

TC,
Old August 1st, 2009, 03:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Aug 1, 9:25*am, wrote:
[...]

Har! Har! Them darn city slickers just never will learn!

g.
and some folks STILL wonder why gap-toothed inbred crackers rule the
financial, industrial, educational and political centers of the world!