Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?

Old October 24th, 2007, 06:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?

On Oct 23, 8:06 pm, Buddy wrote:
here's Ronnie's last post -:

The part of my post quoted is below. I quoted the full response since
it is supposed to disappear in six days.

This is the part I really like, it says that using as much of the
earth's natural resources, fossil fuels, etc. as we possibly can
will be more beneficial to the planet than if we erred on the side
of caution and slow down a bit - no need to worry, nothing will
happen in our lifetime.

It would be funny except for the deadly seriousness with which
people absolutely refuse to consider they might be wrong. Don't
worry, by a Hummer, leave the lights on all night, live in the
damned dessert and water your freaking lawns, be a consumer and do
you part to bring the end time closer, but keep buying the party line.

Instead of looking for someone that tells you it's okay to keep
doing what you're doing, get quiet and listen to your heart and
think about what we're leaving for our children's children to fix.
Make up your mind for yourself.

And as for scientists, remember Copernicus.
Moreover,

there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric
carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant
and animal environments of the Earth."

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

--

XX: Buddy- Hide quoted text -

So what have you done to stop global warming? Are you willing to pay
an addiional 50 cent a gallon tax on gas to help? Or pay more for all
fishing equipment because of carbon taxes? Give up fishing except in
your local pond?

I do consider all information, including this:

Armed with the very real evidence of the global cooling trend during
the first half of the 20th century, climate alarmists claimed in the
1970s that another ice age was imminent. Today they (including even
some former proponents of a coming ice age, e. g.: Stephen Schneider),
ride a wave of alarm about man-made catastrophic global warming, a
wave of alarm they created and keep fueling .

Objective scientists find that the evidence supporting a man-made
global warming trend is at best skimpy. However, it cannot and should
not be denied that climate changes take place and that they have done
so since long before man even made an appearance on Earth.

http://www.fathersforlife.org/REA/warming4.htm

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 25th, 2007, 07:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

"Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?"
======
It surely will....but I have no idea what that "effect" will be.

As for the side conversation about cause and effect, we have science,
and sudo-science involved.

A scientific conclusion is usually based on a systematic, objective
collection of data that is tested empiricaly!

In the case of Global Warming, it appears that the scientific conclusion
of the majority of "Natural Science" scientists meets the above
criteria. But as for the cause....the jury is still out.

Sudo Science is definitely being employed by factions that have a vested
interest in the "cause"!

Some politicians, and some scientists have a vested interest in the
cause. and are employing sudo science to bolster their case....and the
debate will continue "infintum", because the "cause" will never be
"empiricaly" tested...nor can it!

Sorry to butt in...but I couldn't help myself .

John B

Old October 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Hate to be a DH, but I started at 'sudo' which should be pseudo and then
I wandered down the post and see 'infintum' should be infinitum and
'empiricaly' should be empirically.
Get Thunderbird - it has a very good built-in spell-checker ;-) I
couldn't help myself either.
--
XX: Buddy
=========

And I did leave out an "i", and an "l" in the other two words...I had a
couple cold MGD's prior to the post .

I am the first to admit my spelling and language structure leaves a lot
to be desired...in english class there was this cute little blonde
sitting in front of me....I often missed the majority of the class
content!

John B

Old October 25th, 2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Posted by Buddy:

" by a Hummer" , "live in the damned dessert", "do you part"

XX: Buddy
========

Just returning the favor Buddy .

(Spell check would not have caught those, hu?)

(I suppose this could go on infinitum also.)

Once again...I couldn't help myself

John B

Old October 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I agree the science is still not determined - and may never be. But
those that claim the debate is over and their side is right are not
willing to look at all the opposing views.

From http://www.townhall.com/columnists/J...ard-knock_life

John Lockwood, whose recent research at the Library of Congress made
headlines after he uncovered a 1922 Washington Post article "Arctic
Ocean Getting Warm; Seals Vanish and Icebergs Melt," doesn't normally
buy children's books.

But bookstore browsing over the weekend "I came across a new edition
of Al Gore's 'An Inconvenient Truth' re-written for children - or as
the cover phrased it, 'Adapted for a New Generation.' I bought a copy;
I couldn't help myself," he insists.

Chapter 14 was his favorite - "Scientists are in almost complete
agreement about the causes of global warming" - but "let's not forget
page 10, where Mr. Gore gives a brief bio: When his father the senator
was in town, young Al had to live 'in a small eighth-floor apartment
whose windows looked out on concrete parking lots and buildings.'

"I have passed by this place hundreds of times at least," Mr. Lockwood
notes. "The building is a block or two west of Dupont Circle, and sits
on Massachusetts Avenue, or Embassy Row. A hardscrabble childhood,
Al."

of course Gore has admitted he exaggerated his claims in his movie
because, as Gore stated "I believe it is appropriate to have an over-
representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a
predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions
are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis." -
seems he has a real trouble with facts.

BTW - where are the bigger more stronger global warming hurricanes the
past two years?

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 27th, 2007, 06:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

More from
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/J...until_its_over

"First he won the Oscar -- then the Nobel Peace Prize. He's being
called a "prophet."

Impressive, considering that one of former Vice President Al Gore's
chief contributions has been to call the debate over global warming
"over" and to marginalize anyone who disagrees. Although he favors
major government intervention to stop global warming, he says, "the
climate crisis is not a political issue. It is a moral and spiritual
challenge to all of humanity".

Give me a break.

If you must declare a debate over, then maybe it's not. And if you
have to gussy up your agenda as "our greatest opportunity to lift
global consciousness to a higher level," then it deserves some
skeptical examination.

Everyone has heard that Earth's atmosphere is heating up, it's our
fault, and it's a crisis. No wonder 86 percent of Americans think
global warming is a serious problem and 70 percent want the government
to do something now.

But is it a crisis? The globe is warming, but will it be catastrophic?
Probably not.

In "An Inconvenient Truth," Gore says that "sea levels worldwide would
go up 20 feet."

But the group that shared last week's Nobel Prize, the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, says in a hundred years,
the oceans might rise 7 to 24 inches .

Gore also talks about drowning polar bears. He doesn't mention that
the World Conservation Union and the U.S. Geological Survey say that
today most populations of polar bears are stable or increasing.

And while man's greenhouse gasses may increase warming, it's not
certain that man caused it. The most impressive demonstration in
Gore's movie is the big graph of carbon-dioxide levels, which suggests
that carbon levels control temperature. But the movie doesn't tell you
that the carbon increases came after temperatures rose, hundreds of
years later. "

Yep, the debate is over - for true believers!

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 28th, 2007, 01:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Guess he just goes with the flow - whatever is most popular?

NASA scientist James E. Hansen, who has publicly criticized the Bush
administration for dragging its feet on climate change and labeled
skeptics of man-made global warming as distracting "court jesters,"
appears in a 1971 Washington Post article that warns of an impending
ice age within 50 years.

"U.S. Scientist Sees New Ice Age Coming," blares the headline of the
July 9, 1971, article, which cautions readers that the world "could be
as little as 50 or 60 years away from a disastrous new ice age, a
leading atmospheric scientist predicts."

Rest of article at: http://www.washingtontimes.com/artic...ON02/109190067

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 28th, 2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

A DVD by those terrible deniers:

Everything you've ever been told about Global Warming is probably
untrue. From Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth to news reports from the
popular media outlets and even public classrooms which, in chicken
little fashion, are screaming - the sky is falling. But is it really?

This documentary, which contraditcs these claims and has been
described by some as the most explosive film of the year and the
definitive answer to Al Gore features interviews from some of the
Worlds leading scientists, climatologists and former environmentalist
like:

Dr. John Christy, Professor of Atmospheric Science and Director of the
Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama
Dr. Philip Stott, Emeritus Professor of Biogeography, University of
London
Dr. Paul Reiter, IPCC & Pasteur Instititue, Paris
Dr. Roy Spencer, Principle Research Scientist University of Alabama
Dr. Patrick Michaels, Department of Environmental Science, University
of Virginia
Dr. Syun-lchi Akasofu, Director, International Arctic Research Center
Dr. Fredrick Singer, First Director, U.S. National Weather Satellite
Service
Dr. Richard Lindzen, IPCC & Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(M.I.T.)
Dr. Tim Ball, Former Professor of Climatology, University of Winnepeg
Dr. Niz Shaviv, Professor of Physics, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Dr. Ian Clark, Professor Department of Earth Sciences, Univertisy of
Ottawa
Dr. Patrick Moore, co-founder of Green Peace
Dr. Paul Driessen, author of Eco-Imperalism: Green Power Black Death

The Great Global Warming Swindle blows the whistle on what may be the
biggest swindle in modern history. Proponets of man made global
warming warn that climate change is the greatest threat ever to
mankind, and, if we do not change our ways and reduce CO2 emissions -
polar ice caps will melt, coastal areas will flood and hurricane like
Katrina will become common.

With nearly Gestapo like tactics we are commanded not to question the
edicts of the ICCP (oops, sorry, the IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on
Climate Change). There is absolutely no room for doubt because there
is a "scientific consensus." Anyone who questions the data or
conclusion is an enemy of the state and humanity.

Well, this is exactly what this well documented film does! Our
challenge - watch this film and make up your own mind.

"The Great Global Warming Swindle should be seen by everyone
interested in the global enviroment, especially those who have seen
the Al Gore movie." Professor William M. Gray, meterologist

You can order it at
http://store.nicenecouncil.com/index...FVB1OAodAQ7HNA

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 28th, 2007, 01:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

In essence, Arctic waters may be behaving more like those around
Antarctica, where a broad fringe of sea ice builds each austral winter
and nearly disappears in the summer. (Reflecting the different
geography and dynamics at the two poles, there has been a slight
increase in sea-ice area around Antarctica in recent decades.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/02/sc...th&oref=slogin

So - Global warming has caused more ice in the south and less in the
north. Not much GLOBAL there - but I forget - no matter what happens
it can be blamed on global warming.