Fishing Software...

Old September 24th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Chris Rennert

Default Fishing Software...

In your opinion, but it can also improve efficiency, you could choose a lure
in real-time, but maybe you are missing something in the whole picture.
Maybe you are choosing the wrong lure. I see it time and time again, a
person caught a fish on a lure in a specific instance, and so now that is
all they throw thinking that this is the lure. Because you catch 2 fish in
a spot doesn't mean you have found what they are eating, why didn't you
catch 5 or 10 or 15.
This may be unrealistic, but if I don't hook every fish in a given area I
didn't do enough, so that keeps me on my toes and keeps me striving to do
better. For instance, If I am fishing a deep hole for Steelhead, and I
catch 10, and I see a guy across the river fishing the same hole catch one,
I forget about the 10 I just landed and start wondering why I didn't catch
that fish. This is what drives me in fishing, and I will never stop until I
reach the point to where I can completely clean out an area, so this is
obviously a life long journey :-D, and I will use every single resource to
improve my efficiency.

Chris
"Lure builder" wrote in message
Chris
Lets see how quick you can compile a list of all the fish you caught when
the water temp was between 35 and 40 degrees in April on a Junebug lizard
during a full moon and a West Wind.
It all depends on why you save your data. If you want it just for
memories
then yeah your notebook would work great (I had one for a couple years
until
I wrote my fishing journal software), but if you want to use it to make
yourself a better fisherman and have "quick" access to data (if you don't
have hours to sort through years of written logs) then electronic is the
way to go (IMHO).

I wouldn't need that level of detail. I want it for memories and ease of
entry.
I look at it for fish caught and what date as an encouragement to go
fishing
for instance early in the season. Sometimes the most relevant info is just
where and when but moon phase is not important. My lure choice will be
determined by real time conditions out on the water and what i have in my
tackle box.. A computer and software can be a SOW and turn fishing into
work.

Old September 24th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Lure builder

[...]

My strategy is dogged determination. I fish as often as possible and look at
current conditions in the real time. I change lures frequently and retie each
time. All bases are covered and with this strategy fish are caught. The log is
a historical account of what happened

Old September 24th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Chris Rennert

Lure builder, now this is a intellectual reply to a post. So I know you are
capable, which tells me that you do the idiotic posts on purpose just to get
a rise out of people. Why not just stay on the intelligent side of the
line and contribute to this group. There are some great people here, and
people you can learn from. Instead you opt to make stupid comments. You
can compare and contrast your posts, and I know that you are not the idiot
you pose as 90% of the time here. To me, I can care less, I just can't
believe you would spend so much time and effort trying to get a rise out of
people. Maybe my goals are different, but wouldn't you want people to look
at your posts as valid, and not roll their eyes the second they see your
name and not even read your posts? Oh well, to each his own.

Old September 24th, 2004, 06:03 PM
go-bassn

Chris, you realize that your pattern has now been recorded in the idiot's
notebook as a reliable, early-fall trolling one...

Warren ;-)

. ..

Old September 24th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Chris Rennert

I guess I believe there is always something you could say to make people
reflect on their actions and make them realize the time they spend on
certain things could be better used in other ways. For some people that is
just not possible. Oh well, I won't lose any sleep :-)

Chris