Wacky-Tool

Old August 17th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Brad Coovert

Default Wacky-Tool

One thing I have learned in bass fishing is that nothing stays a secret very
long in tournament fishing. Someone always spills the beans sooner or later,
usually your non-boater!

"go-bassn"
Date: 8/16/2004 10:52 PM Eastern Standard Time
You may be onto something there Bradley, yes indeed. I never complain about
the baits & tackle that I use either.

I read somewhere there's a hook that's "a proven, 1st place winner, in many
"national" bass fishing tournaments", yet I've never heard any tournament
winners claiming to have used it. They must secretly use it I guess?

Go figure, eh Brad?

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Old August 19th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Lester

Try some ortho elastics

I'm a bit confused. I just started using Senkos this year and they do
come apart rather quickly. How exactly would I use these bands to hook
the worm and prolong its life?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:38 AM
Steve & Chris Clark

Just the same way as they suggested with the tie wrap. Just put these
rubber bands on the bait first and roll them down over the hook to keep its
place in the bait. You may have to double the band in some cases, figure
eight it in half and create the smaller, tighter, diameter. (More like the
"O" ring style)Or, you can put the band on the hook with the figure eight
and slip the bait between the hook and the bait. This is hard to explain, I
hope you can visualise what I am trying to say ;-)
--
Steve

"Lester" wrote in message
om...
Try some ortho elastics

I'm a bit confused. I just started using Senkos this year and they do
come apart rather quickly. How exactly would I use these bands to hook
the worm and prolong its life?

---

Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:40 PM
Lester

Just the same way as they suggested with the tie wrap. Just put these
rubber bands on the bait first and roll them down over the hook to keep its
place in the bait. You may have to double the band in some cases, figure
eight it in half and create the smaller, tighter, diameter. (More like the
"O" ring style)Or, you can put the band on the hook with the figure eight
and slip the bait between the hook and the bait. This is hard to explain, I
hope you can visualise what I am trying to say ;-)
--
Steve

Are you guys saying that the bands let me hook the Senko without
penetrating the worm at all? How can I do this if I want a Texas type
rig or some other weedless setup. I can see how jigging type action
can be done with the rings, is there a trolling setup also?
Lester
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:01 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

This is just off the top of my head here so.....;-)
I guess you cloud if you wanted to. Use a #5 offset hook and attach the bait
in two places, one to the eye area of the hook, then slide a loose elastic
on the hook and let it dangle, then use the second elastic to attach the
hook at its other end, then use the dangling elastic to stretch from the "L"
bend near the eye of the hook to the barb to make it somewhat weedless. You
could just bury the hook in the body of the Senko help too. Maybe you could
use two hooks on either side of the Senko using a few elastics too. A
Senko sandwiched between two hooks? (if legal in your state?)
--
Steve
om...

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:53 PM
AJH

I received a Northern Bass Supply catalog today, the Wacky-Tool looks
some what like a Bic pen, the "o" rings are just rolled off the tool
onto the senko..A Bic pen is a lot cheaper than the 10 bucks for the
Wacky-Tool... I can't see how you could "T"rig a senko using a "o" ring
Maybe using a little Soft Bait Glue where the hook penetrates a T
rigged senko would extend the useful life..

Git-R-Done