Fishing Software...

Old September 23rd, 2004, 02:43 PM
Charles Summers

Default Fishing Software...

Ok, with all the great suggestions that I had not though about, I'm going to
have to start from scratch again to get everything I need on the form.
Here's what people have asked for so far...

Name of (body of water)
Water Clarity
Water Temp
Depth

Weather (Sky) Conditions
Ambiant Temperature
Wind Direction
Wind Speed

Time
Date

Fish Caught
Length
Girth
Weight (can calculate based on length and girth)

GPS Co-ordinates
Waypoint Name

Tackle Used (Baitcast/Spinning/whatever)
Bait Used (Crankbait/Spinnerbait/Worm/Jig/etc...)
Line Size

Details of your experience.

Is this TOO much information?

--
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:25 PM
pat gustafson

Charles,
Since you are using a db lookup, why not put a link to a thumbnail pic
and then to a picture of the fish that were caught there? You could even
link to pictures on abfp or outdoorfrontiers.

pat

Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:26 PM
alwaysfishking

I would also like a spot for the picture of the fish. I think at season's
end I could easily spend a day looking at others logs to see what worked for
them. That would be cool...but only if it included a picture spot :-)

Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
Charles Summers

I really thought about the pictures, but when you consider that you already
have the image on your hard drive... why would you want to duplicate it and
store it in a database file? That would also make for one huge db file,
slowing the program down.

Right now, I say we keep this simple and make updates/upgrades as needed.
Also, if anyone else here knows anything about Visual Basic, I'll be glad to
share the source code when I'm finished.

Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:41 PM
pat gustafson

Charles Summers wrote:

I really thought about the pictures, but when you consider that you already
have the image on your hard drive... why would you want to duplicate it and
store it in a database file? That would also make for one huge db file,
slowing the program down.

It wouldn't enlarge the db file if you put a link to the pic, whether it
is stored on the hard drive, or somewhere in cyberspace. It would only
add a line or maybe two to the query response.

pat

Look at this for more GPS stuff.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ckage_id=73995

Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Dre

I'd like to get the source code when you're done if you don't mind. I
learned VB in college a few years back so it would be a good refresher
to try and customize the application for my personal use.

Thanks!

Dre