More Iaconelli

Old January 5th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default More Iaconelli

"go-bassn" wrote in message ...
Oh, if you're wondering about Al's screenname - I emailed the idiot & found out there's no aol
account , so I figured he somehow faked that screenname & email address. I went
into my account properties & changed my name to his to see if it would work.

Sorry guys, I'm not Al lol. I have a life...

That scared me for a moment! I read the post and thought "This post makes sense, I've got to get
some sleep!"

Whew!
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Old January 5th, 2004, 06:00 PM
go-bassn

Ouch, lol. I guess I deserve what's coming to me. I'll bend over now...

Warren ;-)

"Andrew Kidd" wrote in message
Boy that was a dumb thing to do! :-) The fake didn't work though, since
his message headers do say that his messages are coming from news.aol.com.
Your message had comcast.net in the header...

I have a funny feeling this thread is going to get a lot longer! :-)
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

&
changed my name to his to see if it would work.

Sorry guys, I'm not Al lol. I have a life...

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Gone Angling" wrote in message
Rich, if you watch the scene again you'll hear Mike say "This is the

winning
fish!" as he's bringing it to the boat. I believe he knew that 3 3/4

pound
bass put him over the top. Only seconds before encountering the bass he

was
saying how he fished hard but didn't think he had enough weight on his

limit
to win. He then missed the fish initially with one lure, instinctively
reacted by cranking in the first bait, picked up a second rod with

another
bait on it & followed up the first encounter perfectly, instantly

getting
bit on the follow-up lure. He then got the bass out of the weeds & into

the
boat like a seasoned veteran. He freaked out the instant he got the
lip-lock on the bass, sure enough. Yea, I had to turn down my volume,

but
thought the whole scene above was awesome.

Mike screamed things like "Never give up!" & "Bass fishing is great!",

but
never heard a single "I'm the greatest!" or "Take that Gary Klein!".

Mike is brash, confident & a little different than most. I'd be the

first
the criticize him if I ever saw him intentionally bring down our sport.
But, frankly, I haven't ever seen him do that.

And I've been beaten by him many times.

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com
http://www.warrenwolk.com/ http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com/

"RichZ" wrote in message
Go-bassn wrote:
I'm really surprised at some of you guys for disliking the guy just

because
he expresses himself differently than you would.

IMHO, he's not a good enough actor to make the phony level of

exuberance
he
displayed pass for anything resembling reality. I don't have as much

problem
with his on-stage antics as with the way he hammed it up for the

camera
when
he caught his last fish. At that point, he did not know that he had

won,
just
that he had put himself in good position to do so. There wasn't an

ounce
of
real emotion in his display, and it was the equivalent of an NFL

receiver
doing the most over the top endzone dance in history -- after catching

the
ball for a first down on the 20 yard line.

Of course it wasn't JUST Mike. There was a lot of excess celebration

every
time one of them caught a fish. I've ridden in the boat with many of

these
guys in the Classic for a lot of years. NONE has put on an ahole

celebration
every time they caught a fish. In fact, none has gone as nuts onstage

after
winning, as Mike did every time he caught a fish. I blame ESPN. I

think
the
contenders have been coached by ESPN to show as much excitement as

possible,
to make "good TV", and ensure themselves on camera facetime. That they

didn't
act that way when there was only one outdoor writer in the boat with

them,
and the over-the-top celebrations started with the inclusion of the

ESPN
cameras in their boats suggests that the behavior is more linked to

ESPN
than
to their real emotions. And from what I can tell, Mike went farther

overboard
with it than anyone else.

This guy was a mere
Federation boy not half a decade ago fellas, he's lived the dream.

Not sure how that's an excuse, much less a reason. If it was, then

Bryan
Kerchal should have been Mike to the power of 10, since he was still a
Federation guy when he won the Classic.

I applaud Mike's fishing skills. He is obviously right up there with

the
best
of them. But I find his act embarrassing for the sport.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old January 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM
go-bassn

It's funny too, because I've had him killfiled for so long. My guess is
he's someone that used to be here everyday...like Bass Rogue.

Just my guess of course...

Warren

"Eric Dreher" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 01:08:32 -0500, "go-bassn"
wrote:

Oh, if you're wondering about Al's screenname - I emailed the idiot
found out there's no aol account , so I figured he
somehow faked that screenname & email address. I went into my account
properties & changed my name to his to see if it would work.

For all those who STILL respond to the ninny, ask yourselves just why
would this troll do this except to avoid being tagged by his ISP for
said conduct?

"Government's view of the economy could be summed
up in a few short phrases. If it moves, tax it.
If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it
stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

Old January 5th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Rich Conley

I agree....anyone from the NE area remember Don Sarney's fishing show? He used
to pretty much tell you what lure he was using, weather, water temp, why he wsa
using them...exact location, and then explain retrieves and evertying. He went
out with a good charter captain every week, and they always had some neat
little tricks.

Charlie Moore, on the other hand...will say hes on a lake in the "Northeast"
and then it takes you 15 minutes to figure out what lure hes using....and then
you notice hes using a different lure on almost every fish he catches....

and while its amusing, I really dont want to see adam vinateri kicking
feildgoals off a boat.

Rich

RichZ wrote:

So, I just watched Charlie Moore's new show (Beat Charlie Moore) on ESPN2.
What a waste of TV bandwidth that is!

Charlie had been doing the whole over-excited act forever. I'm sure that he
fits right in with ESPN's vision of outdoors programming. But even he seems
a step down from Mike on the feigned enthusiam scale.

For what it's worth, Ted Ancher, who appeared with Charlie on today's show,
is a classy guy -- and usually a very quiet and serious dude -- who's got
to be embarrased by this show.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old January 5th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Thundercat

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:48:27 -0500, "Rich Pierro"
wrote:

I wouldn't judge him personally, but break dancing as poorly as he did
on national TV is embarrassing. And I don't even have a problem with the
screaming reactions after landing a fish, just the awful dancing. I never
thought break dancing was cool, but now it's officially un-cool. Stick to
fishing white boy.

Rich P

He actually nailed the windmill quite nicely. The limited footwork
left a bit to be desired, but I was otherwise (for lack of a better
word) impressed. It has been a number of year since I took the floor
myself...18-19 years maybe, and almost that long since last I taught
break dancing at a local dance studio. Not to bad for an NJ
30-something IMO.

Thundercat
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:21 PM
RichZ

Rich wrote:
anyone from the NE area remember Don Sarney's fishing show?

Yeah, I appeared on it a couple times, actually. Haven't heard or seen
anything from Don in like a decade though. Wonder whatever happened to
him.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old January 5th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Thundercat

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 01:14:02 -0500, "go-bassn"
wrote:

Oh, if you're wondering about Al's screenname - I emailed the idiot & found
out there's no aol account (surprise), so I figured he
somehow faked that screenname & email address. I went into my account
properties & changed my name to his to see if it would work. It did.

Sorry guys, I'm not Al lol. I have a life...

Warren ;-)

Going to have to get a t-shirt made up for you that just says:

You Can Call Me Al

Thundercat
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Thundercat" wrote in message SNIP

since last I taught
break dancing at a local dance studio. Not to bad for an NJ
30-something IMO.

ROTFLMAO!!! Thundercat, the dance instructor. I can see him now in his tights and leg warmers....
Oh DARN! Now I've got a visual stuck in my head.......