What were your 2004 highlights?

Old March 12th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

Default What were your 2004 highlights?

Last year Randy asked that question. Now it's my turn.

What were the highlights of your 2004 fishing season. Personal
highlights are ok too, just add some fishing to them :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old March 12th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Chris Rennert

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:
Last year Randy asked that question. Now it's my turn.

What were the highlights of your 2004 fishing season. Personal
highlights are ok too, just add some fishing to them :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

I would have to say there were two of them. My first highlight had to
be my second day at the NWC (or even the NWC as a whole), and then the
20lb Brown Trout I caught in November out of the Sheboygan River.

Chris Rennert
Old March 12th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Ronnie Garrison

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now wrote:

Last year Randy asked that question. Now it's my turn.

What were the highlights of your 2004 fishing season. Personal
highlights are ok too, just add some fishing to them :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

1. 7th place in the Georgia Top Six
2. First in the Spalding County Sportsman Club for the third year in a
row - first time that has ever been done.
3. Second at the NWC - and all the fun that went with the non fishing stuff!
4. Winning my club tournament the first trip in my new Skeeter - started
it out right.

LOWLIGHT

The Southern Divisional - last place on the Georgia team and somewhere
around 80th place overall.
Old March 12th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

wrote in message
Last year Randy asked that question. Now it's my turn.

What were the highlights of your 2004 fishing season. Personal
highlights are ok too, just add some fishing to them :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and
Fish!!!

Oh, without a doubt, it was meeting Maggie, my first grandkid.

Seeing the look on Alex Laumann's face when he tangled with a big muskie was
definitely a highlight.

Taking Big Bass at both the Southern Classic and at the NWC was pretty cool
too.

Taking my son Jim on his first (and mine too) caribou hunt and seeing the
look on his face as we experienced all sorts of new things.

Lowlight? Having Gil in my boat as he caught, we photo'd and released what
was probably a state record smallmouth bass. AND we never took any
measurements!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 13th, 2005, 07:32 AM
theotherBob

wrote in message
Last year Randy asked that question. Now it's my turn.

What were the highlights of your 2004 fishing season. Personal
highlights are ok too, just add some fishing to them :}

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and

Fish!!!

Got another year under my belt fishing with my dad (71 and still kickin').
Hooked into Bluegills, Crappies, and Walleyes, but nary a Bass of any flavor
with him. (There, I snuck Bass into it even though you had not specified
what type of fishing)

Finalizing plans with him to go to Ramsey Lake in Ontario this summer to
prove to ourselves that there are still 20lb+ Northerns in that lake. With a
sidetrip to neighboring Biscotasi Lake for some tasty Walleyes. The only
down side to the Walleye's is Ontario limiting you to ONLY one fish over
18.1". The problem becomes that when you know the trick to Biscotasi it is
very hard to catch anything UNDER 23"!!! With possibles up to 32" that I
have boated there. Boo Hoo :-)

Finally back on line, with some time to read this NG, after the boss cut me
back to only 57.5 hours a week after doing 2 months of 68 hours. Wiped out.
But looking forward to once again stealing some great fishing tips :-D

Cast far and fish long
Bob

Old March 13th, 2005, 02:07 PM
RATMAN

Highlight was finding out my daughters tumor just disapeered 2 weeks
before the operation., and 2nd place was my trip to El Salto. Lowlight
was anytime I lost a fish on it's way back to the boat!

Old March 13th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Bob Rickard

My 2004 highlight is the simple fact that I am still here! :-)

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old March 13th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Heavy

I'm hoping that one of my 2005 highlights will be to finally meet you
Bob at one of the ROFB events!

But as for 2004 I would have to say day one of the Southern Classic at
the Big O was it for me! That was awsome! Just wish I could have put a
few more pounds in the livewell for the team! Sorry Steve. Next, would
be another great trip to the NWC where someone showed me the beauty of
the Zoom Horny Toad! Thanks dad! Man are those things sweet! And
thanks again for the new supply.

Heavy )

Old March 13th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Charles B. Summers

Highlight of 2004: Lake Okeechobee! That is just one beautiful lake, and the
people that I spent time fishing with made the trip fantastic!

Lowlight of 2004: Missing the NWC.

Old March 13th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)

My highlights are always the time that I can enjoy with my son, and my
adopted sons in here. I think so far besides Vern, Sean and I are the only
father/son that attend the Classics.