Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?

Old October 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Default Will Global Warming Affect Our Fishing?

What's so bad about global warming? we have had for the last 20,000
years, so they will grow Oranges in N.Y. that's a good thing :-)

Our planet has had the cycles since the beginning,, it has been a lot
hotter than it is now. The planet is in constant change,, now we want to
"stop" that change,, we like it like it is. All it will take is one
really big volcano blowing it's top "again", and we will be in another
Ice age. It's going to happen,, just like it has happened before, man
can do nothing to stop that.

As far as the CO2 problem,, there is a solution,, put it back where it
came from, they have a way to do that , that is very cheep, and very
fast,( seeding the southern seas with iron dust), but it is politically
incorrect, the left wing wants us to stop using fossil fuels, PERIOD
!!!! If we corrected the CO2 problem,, they could not force that. SO
they will keep the solution in their hip pocket until it is really
needed, then do it,, all is fixed. There is no reason to do it yet,
that's why they haven't.
--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I don't remember ever listening to Rush Limbaugh, but I guess I
should check him out based on
the way he makes liberals rant and rave.

I am not surprised you call Professor William Gray, Emeritus Professor
of Atmospheric Science at
Colorado State University (CSU), and head of the Tropical Meteorology
Project at CSU's
Department of Atmospheric Sciences. a "denier crackpot." Maybe you can
really cut him down
and claim he listens to Rush Limbaugh, rather than consider his
opinion based on years of research.
I know you think anyone disagreeing with you is always wrong so why
bother to think about anything
someone like him has to say.

There may be a big majority of people claiming global warming is man's
fault. I don't remember
any "denier crackpots" in the 1970s saying we were not in for a new
ice age within a few years.
The global cooling guys were in a huge majority. That didn't make
them right.

I ask you again, as a true believer - What are you doing to lower your
carbon footprint? Please
tell us what changes you have made in your lifestyle the past two or
three years to combat your
global warming? What changes are you willing to make in the next
year?

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 16th, 2007, 08:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Ronnie wrote:
I don't remember ever listening to Rush Limbaugh, ...

You sure sound like him by suggesting that "those willing
to think" will ignore the overwhelming scientific consensus
of the vast majority of real scientists all over the world
and believe some crackpot conspiracy theory. Is that what
you call "willing to think" ?

I ask you again, as a true believer - What are you doing to lower your
carbon footprint? Please
tell us what changes you have made in your lifestyle the past two or
three years to combat your
global warming? What changes are you willing to make in the next
year?

We no longer fly, when we have to travel we go Amtrak.
As our lightbulbs burn out we're replacing them with
those ugly fluorescents that look like the light over an
embalming table. My wife bikes to work, I work here at
the house and do the vast majority of my banking, shopping
and even nighttime bar hopping on the old Schwinn. As for
the future when we have to replace the Forester we're gonna
go hybrid.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Ronnie wrote:

I ask you again, as a true believer - What are you doing to lower your
carbon footprint? Please
tell us what changes you have made in your lifestyle the past two or
three years to combat your
global warming? What changes are you willing to make in the next
year?

I don't have a carbon foot print myself,, I keep the floor swept up of
all the carbon on it,, if that is all people need to do is reduce their
carbon foot prints,, Wal-Mart sells brooms cheap :-)

Where in the world did they come up with the term "carbon footprint"??
Talk about really blowing out of proportion a problem, it's like there
is so much carbon we have expelled, it's soot all over the ground we
leave foot prints in.

30 years ago it was acid rain,, well "I" fixed that, yep "I" built the
first ever Flu Gas desulpherization (I never could spell that) plant
"that ever worked" in 1982 for the US Government,, "I" was "over" the
whole project. It is now the standard world wide. by the way I have
proof of this, I am not blowing any smoke (pardon the pun) up your
butts. I was the project engineer at Zurn Air Systems, we built it at
the Mississippi Army ammunition plant. It was the first "ever". Zurn
hired me as the scape goat, they got the bid, but thought it would never
work, as other companies had tried, and failed, they needed someone to
blame when it failed,, well it didn't fail, it actually worked from the
first time we turned it on. The government used it as the model which
all other plants have been built on, and have freely given the plans to
all industrialized nations

(the company told me with a laugh about the scape goat thing after the
project was over, I thought they were kidding,, I was assured they were
not :-) They really thought no one could make one work reliably enough
to stay in service 99% of the time.

Y'all are welcome, as acid rain "did" affect fishing

I got out of air pollution control business in the late 80's, but I have
been asked to get back into it just this last year (by some mega
company), concerning this CO2 problem, and global warming. I guess they
found my name somewhere on fixing the acid rain problem. After some
research,, I saw they already had the best solution, when they ever
really want to correct the problem, it's so simple, very cheap (no one
is going to make billions from it, another reason it is not being done
today) and very fast, in 3 years they can reduce the CO2 levels back to
the levels of the 1940's, in 6 years they could get the levels back to
the 1700's,, oh wait, we had a "Little Ice Age" back then, maybe we
don't need to go quite that far.

Of course the solution has been bad mouthed by good old Al, and his
flunkies,, I mean their money would stop coming in, so would all the
other funds to all the so-called experts looking at this thing, and
people would stop hyping this "oil" over usage. These guys would loose
the lime light they are now in,, and just fade away.

What gets me the same people hyping about the oil,, are against the
solution to that as well , nuclear power plants, then covert the cheap
electricity to hydrogen, and run your cars on that, if they still want
to use I.C.E.'s, personally I want an electric 4X4 and bass boat

People, we already have the technology, it's just about politics, money,
and fame.
Old October 17th, 2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Back to the original spam.

Records of temperaturs show a .7 of a degree C rise in temperatures in
the past 100 years. That is as measured at selected sites and mostly
applies to northern hemisphere sites.

The claims of global warming believers is that the the average global
temperature will rise 3 to 5 degrees over the next 20 to 100 years.

Weekend before last I fished a tournament at Lake Martin in Alabama.
Each morning my temp gauge showed 75 to 76 degrees where I started
each day. Each afternoon the same spot was showing temps of 78 to 79.
That is not unusual, a two or three degree F rise in a day. Other
times of the year daily changes are often five degrees or more, and
seasonal changes go more than 50 degrees, from the low 40s to high
90s here in the south.

Please explain how such a tiny change in average temp as predicted is
going to affect bass fsihing when they are adapted to bigger changes
from season to season and even day to day? I don't see how it can.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 17th, 2007, 02:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

On Oct 16, 3:05 pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
[...]

You seem to know a lot about what Limbaugh says - you must listen to
his program a lot.

Good for you for actually making changes yourself rather than just
expecting others to do so. Got any plans on disposing those
fluorescent lights with the mercury in them?

I planted 9000 pine trees last year on some land I own go I guess I
can happily drive my Surburban, my 4WD truck and my 225 HP bass boat
since I have offsets. Maybe I can even sell some of them to people
that want to continue their lifestyles.

I like to drive fast on the interstate - I am trying to get someone to
set up "speed offsets" like they are doing carbon offsets. That way I
can drive 20 MPH over the speed limit if I can pay someone to drive 20
MPH under the speed limit.

Ronnie

http://fising.about.com

Old October 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

On Oct 14, 10:20 pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Here's a "challenge" for you Ronnie: "One Budweiser will be awarded
to the first person to prove, in a scientific manner, that the earth
is round."

All you gotta do is prove it to my satisfaction. No one has, so far.

You really beleive the earth is flat?

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 17th, 2007, 02:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Ronnie wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Here's a "challenge" for you Ronnie: "One Budweiser will be awarded
to the first person to prove, in a scientific manner, that the earth
is round."

All you gotta do is prove it to my satisfaction. No one has, so far.

You really beleive the earth is flat?

No, but my standard for "scientific proof" is the same as that
crackpot "challenge" you posted, in other words you ain't gettin'
my Budweiser. LOL !

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

Cmon Ken.. we all know for a scientific, incontrovertible, fact that global
warming is caused by the inordinate amout of Hot Air eminating from Central
Illinois. g ! ! !

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old October 21st, 2007, 04:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I'll leave it to more smarter, knowledgeable folks to say whether
Gore is right. I
Regards,
Robert L Bass

From the article at:

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/T...&comments=true

"Last week, a UK judge ruled that "An Inconvenient Truth" - Al Gore's
Oscar winning documentary - was packed with so many errors and
exaggerations that it can only be shown in schools if it is
accompanied with guidance notes that will allow teachers to balance
Gore's "one-sided" analysis.

In the ruling, Justice Michael Burton of the High Court in London
listed nine specific instances where Gore's claims were wrong and were
presented in "the context of alarmism and exaggeration."

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com