I HATE Indian summer.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 12:22 PM
Josh

Default I HATE Indian summer.

Windy, wet and wet and windy with rain and wind in the forcast till Friday.
Other than that charles I hope it snows 15 inches in Nashville next week g

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old November 3rd, 2003, 01:44 PM
Bob La Londe

Hiw about us westerners?

Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s all week.

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot) wrote in
message ...
Sorry Marty, and the rest of you Yanks too! How's the weather in your neck
of the woods?

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"Marty" wrote in message

Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot) wrote

in
message ...

I'm dreading the coming of winter

Mr. S., you've got a set of balls posting that on a forum populated with
Yankees! :-) Or else you're just a sadist.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 03:52 PM
kenneth blevins

As far as I'm concerned , winters only redeeming quality is collage
basketball.
got to support them " UK Wildcats". But as long as the weather is not
freezing and wet I'm fishing
Ken
"alwaysfishking" alwaysfishking@ nospam.epix.net wrote in message
Here Here, bring on winter, it's the fastest route to spring, Harry came

up
yesterday and we hit the lake, total for us for the 1/2 day, 1 bass, 1
pickerel,1 aggressive crappie, temp was in low 60's, very unusual up here
this time of year.
"Jim Laumann" wrote in message

Rich

Neat story.

Indian summer is long gone here. Now our highs are the low
to mid 40's - been cloudy and wet (drizzle - no real rain) the
last week. Enjoy your nice weather while you can.

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 12:42:23 EST, RichZ wrote:

Over the past 30 years, the vast majority of the lousy fishing days

I've
experienced in the late season were days just like today. Mid-70s or
higher, calm and mostly sunny.

And again today, the indian summer blues bit me on the posterior.

Half-Day Frank brought a bunch of chubs and we went out on Squantz,

hoping
to have a blast with the smallies, and maybe pick up a walleye or two.

HA! Who was I kidding? I saw the weather report. Warm and calm. Not a
chance.

Anyway, I caught one little smallie on a 2-1/2" Fin-S Fish. Frank got

one
on bait. He also got a LM about 3 pounds on the bait. I broke one fish

off
on my 4 lb test. Never really got enough of a feel of it to know if it

was
a good fish or not. I just hammered a bit too hard on the hook set.

Other than that, I had a very weird experience. As slow as it was, I
decided to trail a chub behind the boat with only the tiniest of split

shot
a few feet ahead of it, as I fished along, casting the little fin-s. I
thought I saw the rod tip on the bait rod twitch, then do nothing for a
while. A while later, it twitched again. I reeled in my Fin-S and

reached
for the bait rod, just as the tip really started to bend. I followed

the
fish with the rod tip, letting it move off a good 4 or 5 feet before
setting up on it. This was the 8 pound test rod, so no real fear of

busting
off. The rod doubled over and the fish pulled hard. I had it on for a

few
minutes. The way it was fighting, I figured it was a big walleye. Then

it
finally came toward the surface, and we got a look at it. Not a

walleye.
BIG largemouth! Seven plus range. Then it was gone! And in its place, I

had
about a 5" rock bass. Then the LM turned and grabbed the rock bass

again!
This time, it didn't get as good a grip on it, and I didn't try to pull
hard on it. But a moment later, it let go of the panfish and was gone.

reeled in the rocky. It was next to dead. My chub & hook were WAY down

its
gullet. In fact, IT wasn't actually hooked. I pulled the hook and

baitfish
straight out with no trouble.

All I can figure is that the 1st tap I saw was the rocky grabbing the

chub,
and then it just swam along with the tension of the line. Then the

rocky
went and got itself et up. But the hook was down inside the panfish,

and
there was no way I could actually hook the bass. It was amazing I had

it
on
as long as I did with no hook in it, and even more amazing that it hit

the
rock bass again, after I finally pulled it out of the bass's throat.

The rocky was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It flitted and

fluttered
a bit on the surface until a seagull came along and put it out of its
misery.

I still hate indian summer.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Jim

2003 R.O.F.B. NWC
Largest Non Bass Trophy Winner

Old November 3rd, 2003, 06:53 PM
go-bassn

Rich buddy, put away those soft plastics. Start tossing cranks & jerkbaits
(hard) & you'll love Indian Summer days. It's all about reaction strikes
once the water gets in the 50's.

Warren

"RichZ" wrote in message
[...]

hard on it. But a moment later, it let go of the panfish and was gone. I

Old November 3rd, 2003, 07:41 PM
Calif Bill

"Marty" wrote in message

Charles B. Summers (remove extra dot)

wrote
in
message ...

I'm dreading the coming of winter

Mr. S., you've got a set of balls posting that on a forum populated

with
Yankees! :-) Or else you're just a sadist.

Dang, what happen to the warm weather? A week ago, 90 degrees at Oroville.
This weekend, rain and 50 degrees. hail on Friday that looked like snow,
and skiing at Boreal Ridge by Donner. But they have been making snow in the
Sierras. Maybe a SoCal trip in a week. Dentist this week prevents going to
Santa Monica to work on daughters house.
Bill

Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:18 PM
RichZ

Kenneth wrote:
winters only redeeming quality is collage
basketball.

Cool. I'm one of the biggest college b-ball junkies in the world. First
exhibition game for my preseason #1 ranked dogs is tonight.

Getting this back on topic, did you know that Jerry McNamara, starting
point guard for the defending national champions is an extremely avid bass
fisherman? He broke 8 pounds this summer (in PA). Said it was almost as
good a feeling as winning the NCAA championship.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:34 PM
RichZ

Go-bassn wrote:
Start tossing cranks & jerkbaits

Actually, I felt like I spent WAY too m uch time with a crankbait in my
hand on Saturday.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:08 AM
J Buck

Live in Maine for 46 years and THEN tell me you hate Indian summer Lol

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

I left Maine for good after the first winter I was home home from the Navy. All I miss is the fall show put on by the hard wood
trees! Bill P.

Old November 4th, 2003, 01:41 AM
J Buck

I left Maine for good after the first winter I was home home from the
Navy. =A0 All I miss is the fall show put on by the hard wood trees!

Live in Maine for 46 years and THEN tell me you hate Indian summer
LoL

Eh...I've gotten used to the fall colors. No big deal. The only reason
for staying here is May, June, July, and most of August.