Salmon in Chicago

Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:24 AM
Vittorix

Default Salmon in Chicago

caught today afternoon, with an artificial minnow, along the shore of
Lake Michigan.
many other salmons caught from other people, it's time to go fishing!
http://snipurl.com/vixsalmone

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:12 AM
David H. Lipman

From: "Vittorix"

| caught today afternoon, with an artificial minnow, along the shore of
| Lake Michigan.
| many other salmons caught from other people, it's time to go fishing!
| http://snipurl.com/vixsalmone
|
| --
| ciao
| Vittorix

Congrats and have a good dinner ;-)

BTW: I didn't know there were Salmon in Lake Michigan.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:12 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"David H. Lipman" wrote in message SNIP

Congrats and have a good dinner ;-)

BTW: I didn't know there were Salmon in Lake Michigan.

Lake Michigan has an excellent salmon/trout fishery.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"

| Lake Michigan has an excellent salmon/trout fishery.
| --
| Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
| http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
| G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
| http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Lake Trout yes. But I did not know there were Sebago Salmon in the Great Lakes.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:35 PM
Pepperoni

From: "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"

| Lake Michigan has an excellent salmon/trout fishery.
| --
| Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
| http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
| G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
| http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Lake Trout yes. But I did not know there were Sebago Salmon in the Great
Lakes.

Besides coho and chinook, we have pink and I believe we stock a few
chum.. We have atlantic salmon, browns steelhead and natural hybrids.
("pinook" and splake) We also have lake trout. Now is the season; as the
water cools, fish move into the rivers to spawn. Huge schools form off the
river mouths and run along the shore.

Hey, have you guys found out about the walleye, smallmouth and striper
hybrids in the great lakes yet?

Pepperoni

Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

news

From: "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"

| Lake Michigan has an excellent salmon/trout fishery.
| --
| Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
| http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
| G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
| http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Lake Trout yes. But I did not know there were Sebago Salmon in the Great
Lakes.

Besides coho and chinook, we have pink and I believe we stock a few
chum.. We have atlantic salmon, browns steelhead and natural hybrids.
("pinook" and splake) We also have lake trout. Now is the season; as the
water cools, fish move into the rivers to spawn. Huge schools form off
the river mouths and run along the shore.

Hey, have you guys found out about the walleye, smallmouth and striper
hybrids in the great lakes yet?

Pepperoni

I've been fishing Lake Superior for smallmouth for years. In the Ashland,
Wisconsin area, you cannot keep a smallmouth until it is 22 inches or over,
and then, only one! Can you imagine the overall average size of the bass
there? They're unbelievable.

Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

From: "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"

| Lake Michigan has an excellent salmon/trout fishery.
| --
| Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
| http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
| G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
| http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Lake Trout yes. But I did not know there were Sebago Salmon in the Great
Lakes.

I don't know about Sebago salmon, to me it looks like a decent coho or
perhaps a small chinook. But the picture doesn't really show enough to be
able to tell the difference.

Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Pepperoni"

| Besides coho and chinook, we have pink and I believe we stock a few
| chum.. We have atlantic salmon, browns steelhead and natural hybrids.
| ("pinook" and splake) We also have lake trout. Now is the season; as the
| water cools, fish move into the rivers to spawn. Huge schools form off the
| river mouths and run along the shore.
|
| Hey, have you guys found out about the walleye, smallmouth and striper
| hybrids in the great lakes yet?
|
| Pepperoni

Thanx for that info.

I didn't know about the Stiper hybrids. I just know here in NJ we have twio Stiped Bass
hybrids.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"

| I don't know about Sebago salmon, to me it looks like a decent coho or
| perhaps a small chinook. But the picture doesn't really show enough to be
| able to tell the difference.
| --
| Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
| http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
| G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
| http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Sebago just means landlocked.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old October 2nd, 2005, 07:31 PM
Pepperoni

| Besides coho and chinook, we have pink and I believe we stock a few
| chum.. We have atlantic salmon, browns steelhead and natural hybrids.
| ("pinook" and splake) We also have lake trout. Now is the season; as
the
| water cools, fish move into the rivers to spawn. Huge schools form off
the
| river mouths and run along the shore.
|
| Hey, have you guys found out about the walleye, smallmouth and striper
| hybrids in the great lakes yet?
|
| Pepperoni

Thanx for that info.

I didn't know about the Stiper hybrids. I just know here in NJ we have
twio Stiped Bass
hybrids.

You should have access to purebred sea run fish, too. The hybrids are
striper/ white bass crosses. The difference is whether the male or female
of each species is used. Striper eggs and white bass milt produces a
different hybrid than white bass eggs and striper milt. One of the hybrids
is called a "wiper", what is the other called? Neither hybrid is fertile,
but heavy stocking each year produces a great fishery.

Michigan DNR is considering heavy cuts in salmon stocking because of the
collapse of the alewife population. These stocking reductions may not
hamper salmon populations because of the heavy natural production on most
waters. Stockings of other fish would replace the lost salmon plantings.

Pepperoni