It's Called Catching not Fishing

Old June 18th, 2012, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sandy Birrell

Default It's Called Catching not Fishing

A report on my May 2012 seven day fishing trip.

http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/trips/ca...ot-fishing.php

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:-
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , Sandy Birrell
wrote:
A report on my May 2012 seven day fishing trip.

http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/trips/ca...ot-fishing.php

Well done Sandy, keeping up the standards :-)

I too had a reasonable start to the season but I'm even more
hors-de-combat than you ( practically ripped my achilles tendon out of my
calf muscle - the Doc signed me off for a month - to start with... )

Began badly losing a rod to a coastal landslip when after an early bass but
the trout were plentiful between floods (generally bigger than yours,
chalkstream, nothing memorable but a few dozen so far) then crocked my leg,
er, dancing, at a Diamond Jubilee do - I was still sober too - so fishing
will be somewhat restricted this year.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old June 25th, 2012, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sandy Birrell

Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Sandy Birrell
wrote:
A report on my May 2012 seven day fishing trip.

http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/trips/ca...ot-fishing.php

Well done Sandy, keeping up the standards :-)

I too had a reasonable start to the season but I'm even more
hors-de-combat than you ( practically ripped my achilles tendon out
of my calf muscle - the Doc signed me off for a month - to start
with... )

Began badly losing a rod to a coastal landslip when after an early
bass but the trout were plentiful between floods (generally bigger
than yours, chalkstream, nothing memorable but a few dozen so far)
then crocked my leg, er, dancing, at a Diamond Jubilee do - I was
still sober too - so fishing will be somewhat restricted this year.

Cheerio,

Want to buy some lucky white heather?

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

Old June 26th, 2012, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

In article , Sandy Birrell
wrote:
Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Sandy Birrell

then crocked my leg, er, dancing, at a Diamond Jubilee do - I was
still sober too - so fishing will be somewhat restricted this year.

Cheerio,

Want to buy some lucky white heather?

Too late I fear, looks like it'll be surgery now :-(

I wonder why I never suffer the sort of affliction that requires
extended convalescence in the open air near water...

Ah well, I suppose I can work on refilling the fly/lure boxes while
immured with my feet up.

Cheerio,

Old June 26th, 2012, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sandy Birrell

Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Sandy Birrell
wrote:
Derek Moody wrote:

Too late I fear, looks like it'll be surgery now :-(

Not so good. Take care.

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

Old August 19th, 2012, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Sandy Birrell" wrote in message
A report on my May 2012 seven day fishing trip.

http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/trips/ca...ot-fishing.php

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:-
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk
Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019
Fishing Wild at http://www.wild-fishing-scotland.co.uk/

Hi Sandy, I did read your report earlier and the thought of thoses blisters
made me cringe :-(

I never walked the hills without lint and vaseline at the ready - oh yes and
some adhesive strapping.. Prevention is better than cure, I always covered
any "hot" spots that were developing before the blister materialised.

All the best

Bill

Old August 20th, 2012, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sandy Birrell

Bill Grey wrote:
[...]

Hey Bill

I know but they didn't seem that bad at the time

Some videos for you.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7&feature=plcp

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

Old August 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Bill Grey[_2_]

Bill Grey wrote:
[...]

Enjoyed the videos - they show us the terrain so well. It is indeed
desolate and the water remarkably calm. I dare say it isn't this idyllic
all the time.

Between the walking/camping and fishing, you deserve a newsgroup all to
yourself :-)

Well done Sandy.

Bill

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Sandy Birrell

Bill Grey wrote:
Enjoyed the videos - they show us the terrain so well. It is indeed
desolate and the water remarkably calm. I dare say it isn't this
idyllic all the time.

Between the walking/camping and fishing, you deserve a newsgroup all
to yourself :-)

Well done Sandy.

Bill

--

The week before we went the snow was probably six inches deep You
can see the remnants of it on the tops at the start. It was mostly all

In 2003 when we were last here it was a little windy at times

http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/videos/a...vie-windy.html

We still caught fish though

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy