Costa Rica Report

Old October 29th, 2004, 04:23 PM

Default Costa Rica Report

More reports available at Tidal Fish
http://www.tidalfish.com

Giant Tuna writes:
Hi Guys. Now that I "think" I have the hosting problem resolved, here
is a report from Costa Rica.

Left on a non-stop United flight on Friday afternoon the 8th and
arrived in San Jose at 8:45. There were three of us and we were met by
our host Alvaro who is a prominent banker in Costa Rica.

Alvaro dropped us off at the San Gildar hotel for a good nights sleep.

He picked up up at 6:00 the next morning for an interesting drive from
San Jose to the Tortuguerro rain forest on the Caribbean coast. It is
the rainy season in most of CR, but not on the Caribbean side. Mostly
we drove through the rain, but the scenery was fantastic.

We arrived three hours later at a little boat ramp where we were met by
our boat. (Not a great boat)

Here we are meeting the boat.

Had a one hour boat ride through the jungle as this is the only way to
get around here.

Alvaro leads the way as we approach The Tortuga Lodge, our home for the
next three days. The only downside at the lodge were the Howling
Monkeys. They woke us up every morning while we were there. It sounded
as though T-Rex was outside our window and was coming to eat the entire
lodge.