Scotland Holiday

Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:26 PM
Alec Powell

Default Scotland Holiday

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
BTW..... I wonder if we can tempt that Mr Lane to visit again? Not sure
he really enjoyed himself that much last time? ;-)

Why not? At least he caught a "real" fish rather than those Welsh
tiddlers he's used to!
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

http://www.prole.demon.co.uk

Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
Sandy

Andy Lawson wrote:
snip really useful information from Sandy

Many thanks Sandy. The info is very much appreciated and I'll browse
your web site. We may make a slight change and stay near Aviemore,
then down to Glen Coe

Stay at the Kings House Hotel if it isn't outside your budget and fish Loch
Baa and also take SWMBO up the White Corrie ski lift, as long as it is a
clear day and if it is open.

http://freespace.virgin.net/kings.house/

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...age/index.html

and then onto Isle of Mull. We hope to finalise
what we REALLY want this week!

Have a look here for info on fishing on Mull.

http://www.iona-bed-breakfast-mull.c...ng_on_mull.htm

http://www.tob302075.freeserve.co.uk/fishing.htm

And don't forget to take a trip over to Iona, unforgettable, as long as it
isn't busy

http://www.iona.org.uk/

Duart Castle may be worth a look, part of one of the Bond films was filmed
there.

http://www.duartcastle.com/

and ride on the Mull railway.

http://www.mull.zynet.co.uk/accommodation/craignure.htm

http://www.mullrail.co.uk/railhistory.htm

http://www.tobermory.co.uk/panorama/..._craignure.htm

If you are going via Oban have a look at the Kilmelford link on my website
good, affordable fishing on hill lochs that aren't to far from the road and
not too high a climb

BTW, wasn't it you who put a link up once before on fishing in the
Northern Highlands where you stayed in Bothies?

That was me

Regards,

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:-

Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:46 PM
Alec Powell

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Sandy, gave forth these words of wisdom:
BTW, wasn't it you who put a link up once before on fishing in the
Northern Highlands where you stayed in Bothies?

That was me

Regards,

Excuse him Sandy, he knows all this already seeing as how I've already
tried to get him to go with us in May.
Old age I think :-)
Alec

Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:19 PM
Dave Lane

In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

Dave chipped in with some more useful info:
snip
There's a really nice one - Loch Lundie - about 30mins stroll Andy -

Hang on a minute... you said it was only about a 30-45 min walk up that
bloody mountain last time!

ooooo, I never did! I told you it would take about an hour, but hadn't
allowed for the possibility of a cardiac arrest.

Hour and a half later with me gasping my last
breaths...... ;-) Mind you.... it was worth every minor heart attack I went
through getting up there, cos once we were up there, it was wonderful. I
still remember that fantastic view! I even caught a couple of trout if I
remember, or was that just the thin air causing delirium? :-)

bit of both, I expect.

As for Loch Lundie - it's a gorgeous spot, and is really a gentle stroll
up from the campsite at Faichem, near Invergarry. No hills, but you
will have to manage a couple of big stiles. Ok, I'll admit that I have
a soft spot for this place, as I caught my first wild brown trout here.

good luck

dave

--
Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd

.... I tell them there's no problems...Only Solutions...
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
Dave Lane

In message
Alec Powell wrote:

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
BTW..... I wonder if we can tempt that Mr Lane to visit again? Not sure
he really enjoyed himself that much last time? ;-)

Why not? At least he caught a "real" fish rather than those Welsh
tiddlers he's used to!

the fishing was great, even if they did sort of throw themselves
ino the net. Alec wouldn;t know a wild fish if it said hello to him.
The food was rubbish.

--

.... Doing my part to preserve order in the universe
Old February 6th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Andy Lawson

"Sandy" suggested:
Stay at the Kings House Hotel if it isn't outside your budget and fish

Loch
Baa and also take SWMBO up the White Corrie ski lift, as long as it is a
clear day and if it is open.

http://freespace.virgin.net/kings.house/

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...age/index.html

I've given Kings House a call and requested a brochure for a bit more info.
Is the suggestion because you've stayed there yourself and highly recommend
it? Looks stunning from the web.

As for Mull, I've booked four nights at the Argyll Arms, Bunessan.

Still deciding for Cairngorms area.

ATB,
--
Andy Lawson

Old February 6th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Andy Lawson

Wasn't it "Alec Powell" who went to his limited fly selection and tied on
the following:

Excuse him Sandy, he knows all this already seeing as how I've already
tried to get him to go with us in May.
Old age I think :-)
Alec

Nope...... Not rising to that one!

--
Andy Lawson

Old February 6th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Sandy

Andy Lawson wrote:
"Sandy" suggested:
I've given Kings House a call and requested a brochure for a bit more
info. Is the suggestion because you've stayed there yourself and
highly recommend it? Looks stunning from the web.

Haven't stayed there, but have passed it more times than I care to remember

As for Mull, I've booked four nights at the Argyll Arms, Bunessan.

They do the permits for Loch Assapol salmon, sea trout and brownies.
Bottom of this page

http://www.iona-bed-breakfast-mull.c...ng_on_mull.htm

..

Still deciding for Cairngorms area.

Boat of Garten, stayed on the campsite there, quiet, peacefull and not to
far from Aviemore. Fish the Spey, local lochs or go and see the Osprey. It
is also quite central for touring the area. We were there in a cold spring
or autumn, can't remember which, so it may be more crowded when you go

http://www.boatofgarten.com/main.htm

ATB,

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

Old February 10th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Aquazur-Dra

Don't forget to Nightfish the Nethy /Bridge pool for sea trout

My Best Nights fishing yet - 16 in 4 Hours !! *

Plus a 12Lb Salmon on a Leaded Montana Nymph !!

But that was 10 years ago !!!

I am off to New Zealand !!

Enjoy the trip !1

--