Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (by Chris Santella)

Old December 27th, 2007, 05:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

Default Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (by Chris Santella)

On Dec 27, 5:59 pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Your own words illustrate your profound ignorance far better than
anything I could ever say.

Carry on.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Dearie me, back to silly and meaningless propaganda so soon?

Quite obvious to anybody reading this that I am not ignorant per se,
and also quite obvious that you have nothing sensible to say. You
practically never have, so that´s no surprise.

I thought you were hyping yourself up to do righteous battle on behalf
of squaws everywhere? Not declaiming rubbish which you doubtless
assume is derogatory to my person.

Worthless dumbo.

MC
Old December 27th, 2007, 05:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 27, 5:17 pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:
Verbosity snipped

Hate to tell you, but Joe ain't an Indian. I have no trouble with the
word, but some people do. Leave it at that.

QUOTE
Indian Joe replies--thanks Gary i have read the article and decided not to

go to that lodge.. My indian ancestory would not allow me to make
use of
the 10,000 bottle wine cellar and the cost per week at that lodge is
more
than my squaw and I plan to spend in 30 days riding around the New
Zealand country side and dipping in a few dry flies. However if Clark
works
at that lodge, we might be talked into stopping in for a cool one.
Now all I have to do is hit the right button to send this thing--
usually
IT deletes what i have typed.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.o... 64ed654e550e

UNQUOTE
Old December 27th, 2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L

"rb608" wrote

It *does* sound like a great book; but the timing of the review coiuld
have been better. :-)

I was given the book an X-mas or two ago by my sister-in-law .... My review
would be "ho hum" and I never even read the blurb on many of the listed
destinations

However, when I went to the shelf to find and re-check-it-out before making
this post, next to it was "America's 100 Best Trout Streams" or some such
published by TU (also a gift from years back) ... it got my juices flowing
far more than the obviously unattainable and far flung places listed in
'before ya croak'

Larry L
( who has fished 24% of the streams TU listed, but has come to enjoy 'goin
home again' more than 'new adventure' ... although both have their appeal
.... Anybody but me ever notice that June is listed as Prime Time nearly
everywhere? ... you'd think a more thoughtful god would spread things out
more to suit the traveling, retired, angler )

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 27, 4:30 pm, "rb608" wrote:
"jeff" wrote in message
there was nothing in your post that required or even invited a negative
comment, imo. i read it and appreciated it. thanks.

Taken in isolation, his Fifty Places post is as you suggest; but coming as
it did less than 24 hours following a complaint about obscene consumerism,
the irony of boasting of one's fly fishing travels practically jumped out of
the screen at me. Personally, I got a chuckle; but I'm not surprised at the
subsequent flames and defensiveness.

It *does* sound like a great book; but the timing of the review coiuld have
been better. :-)

Joe F.

No matter what any of the long term contributors on here post, their
"history", and the invariably biased views of other long term posters,
largely prevents anything simply being taken objectively and simply on
its merits. This is more or less independent of any particular
temporal juxtaposition. Probably another reason why many people post
less and less as time goes by.There is very little point in posting
anything much if the only return is brickbats from the same idiots.

MC
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Mike" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 4:30 pm, "rb608" wrote:
"jeff" wrote in message
[...]

And yet, here you are.

Wolfgang

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 27, 7:25 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

No matter what any of the long term contributors on here post, their
"history", and the invariably biased views of other long term posters,
largely prevents anything simply being taken objectively and simply on
its merits. This is more or less independent of any particular
temporal juxtaposition. Probably another reason why many people post
less and less as time goes by.There is very little point in posting
anything much if the only return is brickbats from the same idiots.

And yet, here you are.

Wolfgang

Indeed, it is probably rather pointless, but still not quite as
pointless as banging one´s forehead on a desktop.

MC

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Mike" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 7:25 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

No matter what any of the long term contributors on here post, their
"history", and the invariably biased views of other long term posters,
largely prevents anything simply being taken objectively and simply on
its merits. This is more or less independent of any particular
temporal juxtaposition. Probably another reason why many people post
less and less as time goes by.There is very little point in posting
anything much if the only return is brickbats from the same idiots.

And yet, here you are.

Wolfgang

Indeed, it is probably rather pointless, but still not quite as
pointless as banging one´s forehead on a desktop.

The latter feels good when one stops. Seems as if there should be a way to
test the former.

Wolfgang
but then, things aren't always what they seem.

Old December 27th, 2007, 07:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Wolfgang
writes

"Mike" wrote in message
It doesn´t really make a lot of difference what anybody posts here,
the same people weigh in with the same nastiness, begrudging, and
generally insulting rubbish. It is no wonder that many of you are
obviously lonely and depressed, you wallow in it, a most unfortunate
and demeaning spectacle.

That is why this place has become what it is, it was always largely a
waste of time, but now it is invariably also an unpleasant waste of
time.

A merry Christmas? No, I wish you all the same as you wish others,
and it is to be hoped that you receive your just deserts.

Ladies and gentlemen, squeaking in just under the wire, may I present the
undisputed winner of this year's Ironic Post of the Year award!

Wolfgang

Looks like 2008 is brewing up to be a beauty :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old December 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"W. D. Grey" wrote in message
In article , Wolfgang
writes

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

Every year, it just keeps getting better and better.

Wolfgang
who suspects there is no natural limit to the trend.

Old December 27th, 2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:01:30 -0600, "Wolfgang"
wrote:

Joe has made a number of more or less vague allusions to a Native American
heritage here but, to the best of my recollection, has never explicitly
confirmed nor denied this. You know something we don't?

Yes.

Mikey Jr.

Davey