Need a cheap striper outfit....

Old November 18th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Alex

Default Need a cheap striper outfit....

I live right on the chesapeake, and we go out on our boat quite often, so I
would like to get a striper outfit. Does anyone have any sugestions? I'd
like to keep the price well below $200.

Thanks,
Alex
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Scott Seidman

(Alex) wrote in news:b71d3208.0311180905.75d2cab7
@posting.google.com:

a striper outfit

G-string and tassels, maybe?

Scott
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Francis Reid

Alex wrote:

I live right on the chesapeake, and we go out on our boat quite often, so I
would like to get a striper outfit. Does anyone have any sugestions? I'd
like to keep the price well below $200.

Thanks,
Alex

Go to BASS Pro and get one of their 7 weight outfits with the CV2 reel.
Should do you well.
Frank
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:24 PM
rw

Francis Reid wrote:

Alex wrote:

I live right on the chesapeake, and we go out on our boat quite often, so I
would like to get a striper outfit. Does anyone have any sugestions? I'd
like to keep the price well below $200.

Thanks,
Alex

Go to BASS Pro and get one of their 7 weight outfits with the CV2 reel.
Should do you well.
Frank

Or, extrapolating from recent ROFF confessions, you can hang out at a
popular parking place for fishermen, waiting for someone to drive off
with a rod on their car roof. :-)

Old November 18th, 2003, 07:07 PM
rb608

"Alex" wrote in message
om...
I live right on the chesapeake, and we go out on our boat quite often, so

would like to get a striper outfit. Does anyone have any sugestions? I'd
like to keep the price well below $200.

I'd say drop by the Fisherman's Edge in Catonsville. Joe Bruce is a
Chesapeake FFing guru & runs a nice little shop. Not only will you get good
gear, you'll get lots of great advice to go with it. So long as that $200
doesn't include flies, leaders, & tippet, I'd expect you'll be fine at FE.
If he can't get you set up in your price range, go with Frank's suggestion.

Where on the Chesapeake? There's a few other Marylanders here.

Joe F.

Old November 19th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Peter Charles

On 18 Nov 2003 09:05:03 -0800, (Alex) wrote:

I live right on the chesapeake, and we go out on our boat quite often, so I
would like to get a striper outfit. Does anyone have any sugestions? I'd
like to keep the price well below $200.

Thanks,
Alex

Simple

http://www.ezflyfish.com/rereou.html

$199.00 for the whole lot

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html
Old November 19th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Frank Reid

http://www.ezflyfish.com/rereou.html

$199.00 for the whole lot

An even better idea.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old November 19th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Wayne

Get the 2 pc. set and save 30 bucks. For a boat rod and no air travel, that
is the ticket.

this is rudeeassasin's report from 11/13:

fished rudee inlet today virtually all day w/ a few breaks home for food. it
was an awesome day. at around 10 i caught a 23' in striper. then it died
down till around 1 when a lot of anglers made their way to the surf. at
around 1:30ish, IT WAS ON, for everyone except me of course.by the end of
the day, a 35' incher was pulled, a 31'incher, and a bunch in the low 20's.
(i think 5 or 6). then a lil kid made us all look bad by nailing one about
as big as him! anyway, wasnt that productive of a day for me, caught a small
shark and that 23'incher, but had a great time watching every1 else nail
some great fish. were any p&s'ers out at rudee today?

--
Wayne
To Fish is Human...To Release Divine!

Old November 19th, 2003, 06:33 AM
Bill Kiene

Alex,

Take a look at the TFO "Series 1" 9' #9 line 2 piece fly rod for $99US.

I have trouble with most fly reels under $100 for stripers.

A Teton "Tioga 10" fully machined, anodized fly reel made in the US @ $149
is my low point for stripers or any light salt water.

I guess you could opt for an Okuma "Integrity #8/9" for about $75?

A Rio "DC Striper 350" is a great fly line for stripers.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

om...

Old November 23rd, 2003, 06:25 PM
Willi

Bill Kiene wrote:

A Rio "DC Striper 350" is a great fly line for stripers.

One of the latest gimmicks? seems to be lines designated
to individual species: "striper" lines, "bonefish" lines, "bass" lines,
etc. etc.

I realize that there are some minor differences in tapers etc. but ****,
a different line type(s) for each species seems WAY overboard to me.

Willi