Yellowstone/Montana regulations and the ROFF Banner..

Old June 19th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Mike Makela

Default Yellowstone/Montana regulations and the ROFF Banner..

If anyone can give me the skinny on the regulations on Montana/Yellowstone
fishing license/permits/passes and the areas to avoid, that would be
awesome. I'm sure it's all in the links everyone has been graciously making
available but I just went to a few of them and couldn't find much to speak
of. Looking for not only the fishing license information but Natl Park
access charges and that kind of thing. Want to get what I need ahead of
time if possible, don't want to cut into my fishing time waiting in line...
I'll be coming through Yellowstone Park, Montana, Idaho, as well as the
Grand Teton NP, and fishing everywhere along the way (except maybe GTNP).

Also, does anyone know where the ROFF banner is (is there more than one?)?
Has it left the hands of the Penn's Clavemeister for Montana already? I can
bring it along if I can get my hands on it. I'll be fishing with Tom
Littleton tomorrow, but if anyone knows it's whereabouts outside of Tom, let
me know.

Mike

Old June 19th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:16:34 -0400, "Mike Makela"
ten.tsacmoc@alekamm wrote:

If anyone can give me the skinny on the regulations on Montana/Yellowstone
fishing license/permits/passes and the areas to avoid, that would be
awesome. I'm sure it's all in the links everyone has been graciously making
available but I just went to a few of them and couldn't find much to speak
of. Looking for not only the fishing license information but Natl Park
access charges and that kind of thing.

You can get a Montana license online at
https://app.discoveringmontana.com/elicensesales/ but AFAIK the
Yellowstone park permits are only available at local fly shops.

Here's info on the park fees (the fee covers both Yellowstone and
Grand Teton): http://www.nps.gov/yell/pphtml/fees.html or you can get
a National Parks Pass for $50 which is what I did.
--
Charlie...
Old June 19th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Wolfgang

"Mike Makela" ten.tsacmoc@alekamm wrote in message
...the ROFF banner....if anyone knows it's whereabouts outside of Tom, let
me know.

I can't tell you WHERE it is outside of Tom......but I'm reasonably certain
that it IS. Um.....yeah, I know that probably doesn't help you much.

Wolfgang
but, hey, tom probably feels a whole lot better!

Old June 19th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Tom Littleton

Wolfie notes:
I can't tell you WHERE it is outside of Tom......but I'm reasonably certain
that it IS.

Right-o! I try to keep all vinyl products
OUTSIDE of me....of course, now that my pork supply was cut off...(another
thread).
Actually, the North Carolina contingent will be bearing the banner. Indian Joe,
I believe, but may be in error.
Tom
Old June 20th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Mike Makela

Thanks for the info.

Wow $53 bucks just for the Montana license...I'm sure it's worth it though.

Old June 20th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Mike Makela

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
Wolfie notes:
I can't tell you WHERE it is outside of Tom......but I'm reasonably

certain
that it IS.

Right-o! I try to keep all vinyl products
OUTSIDE of me....of course, now that my pork supply was cut off...(another
thread).
Actually, the North Carolina contingent will be bearing the banner. Indian

Joe,
I believe, but may be in error.
Tom

Hopefully Joe found a better place to store it....remind me not to volunteer
to bring it back East.

The Finn..

Old June 20th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Rusty Hook

Mike Makela wrote:

Wow $53 bucks just for the Montana license...I'm sure it's worth it

though.

Actually, it's $69.25 (NR annual license plus NR conservation license)
I bought one last summer. They were $67 then.

You have to do a little arithmetic to decide whether you're better off with
a short-term or an annual:
$9.25 for the nonresident conservation license (required for all), plus:
$15 per two-day period, or
$43.50 per 10 days, or
$60 for the season.

A little pricey, but Wyoming charges even more ($85).
Plus, you get some of it back if you camp at a Montana state fishing access
that charges a fee; there is a discount if you have a valid license.

--
Rusty Hook
Laramie, Wyoming