FA: Force Fins

Old March 16th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Wes Chormicle

Default FA: Force Fins

Hello,
I have a pair of new XXL Force Fins on eBay:

Thanks

---

Old March 17th, 2004, 02:14 AM
bugcaster

Default Force Fins

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hello,
I have a pair of new XXL Force Fins on eBay:

Thanks

I received a pair of XL Force Fins as a gift. Much to my surprise, these
are not sized for using over a pair of wading boots. I walk to the pontoon,
launch and then take my boots off to use the Force fins over the neoprene
boot.

Question: has any one tried the deluxe adjustable version? Are they sized
to fit over a wading boot so I can wear the dang things without changing
footwear over water. I know I'll drop either the boot or a fin into the
water. The site for Force Fins was not helpful in sizing.

Old March 17th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Wes Chormicle

These XXL fit over my 10.5 wading shoes, but I don't like tubing with wading
shoes, hence the extra pair.

Old March 17th, 2004, 03:55 AM
bugcaster

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
link.net...
These XXL fit over my 10.5 wading shoes, but I don't like tubing with

wading
shoes, hence the extra pair.

It gets a little trickier with size 13 boats. They may not make a fin that
large.

Old March 17th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Bob Weinberger

"bugcaster" wrote in message
snip
Question: has any one tried the deluxe adjustable version? Are they

sized
to fit over a wading boot so I can wear the dang things without changing
footwear over water.

I was unable to wear the nonadjustable XXL Force Fins over my size 11 wading
boots, and I worried about wearing out the neoprene booties on my waders by
using them unprotected in my fins.. So, for an interim solution, I cut the
booties off a wornout pair of waders and pull them over the booties on my
waders when tubing.

I've since gone to the adjustable Force fins and they fit over my wading
boots fine. However, I've since gone to studded Aquastealth wading boots,
so don't wear them with the Force Fins for fear of tearing up the fins with
the studs ( shades of an O.Henry short story). I of bought a pair cheap
flats boots to use with the fins and they work fine.

If you get the adjustable kind, I highly recommend that you get the bungi
cord conversion kit (may come standard on the latest models). It makes it
MUCH easier to get in and out of the fins.

--
Bob Weinberger
La, Grande, OR

place a dot between bobs and stuff and remove invalid to send email

Old March 17th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Charlie Wilson

"bugcaster" wrote:

Question: has any one tried the deluxe adjustable version? Are they

sized
to fit over a wading boot so I can wear the dang things without changing
footwear over water. I know I'll drop either the boot or a fin into the
water. The site for Force Fins was not helpful in sizing.

I have a pair of the adjustable ones. They do not come anywhere close to
fitting over my size 14 wading boots, so when I use the Force Fins I also
wear a pair of $7 neoprene "wading socks" over the feet in my waders; I
think I get a more efficient kicking stroke because I can articulate my
ankles more than if I was wearing wading boots.

Old March 17th, 2004, 02:48 PM
bugcaster

Bob and Charlie: thanks for the responses, just the kind of advice that I
needed to hear. Looks like Cabelas gets another return.

Old March 18th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Sum Ting Wong

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:23:24 GMT, "Bob Weinberger"
wrote:

So, for an interim solution, I cut the
booties off a wornout pair of waders and pull them over the booties on my
waders when tubing.

You can buy some slip on neoprene booties to do the same thing.

s.t.w.