Using Dogs And Cats As Shark Bait

Old October 20th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Tightwad

Default Using Dogs And Cats As Shark Bait

This is just sick!

Dogs and Cats Used as Shark Bait on French Island

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1019_051019_dogs_sharks.html

Old October 21st, 2005, 12:02 AM
Paul BR

Got Plonked! ! !

Old October 21st, 2005, 02:46 AM
Tightwad

Paul BR wrote:

Got Plonked! ! !

Whatever!

How big a Chichiua do you use for Pike?
Old October 21st, 2005, 01:52 PM
Jim E..

"Tightwad" wrote in message
Paul BR wrote:

Got Plonked! ! !

Whatever!

How big a Chichiua do you use for Pike?

Come on...if you a dog and/or cat lover you know damn well that "fishermen"
around
the world aren't a real threat. Even if there are isolated instances of
cruelty like that article.
If you're really concerned I think you ought to be more worried about the
habit of eating dogs
and raising them for that purpose in Korea and China.

Old October 21st, 2005, 03:09 PM
Bob La Londe

"Jim E.." wrote in message

"Tightwad" wrote in message
Paul BR wrote:

Got Plonked! ! !

Whatever!

How big a Chichiua do you use for Pike?

Come on...if you a dog and/or cat lover you know damn well that
"fishermen"
around
the world aren't a real threat. Even if there are isolated instances of
cruelty like that article.
If you're really concerned I think you ought to be more worried about the
habit of eating dogs
and raising them for that purpose in Korea and China.

.... and the Philipines and in some places in the US.

--
Bob La Londe

Cheapskate's Ways to Do Fishing Stuff
(The Frugal Fisherman)
Through the Month of October 2005

http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old October 21st, 2005, 10:43 PM
Tightwad

I'm not concerned for our Country. I was alarmed to read that People,
anywhere, would do such a thing.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 02:11 AM
Jeff

"Tightwad" wrote in message
I'm not concerned for our Country. I was alarmed to read that People,
anywhere, would do such a thing.

That is because of the SOCIETY you were raised in. Its perfectly acceptable
to eat dog in other parts of the world. I served in Korea in 93 and 94. Most
Koreans dont eat dog, but its acceptable. Dog is not a staple in Korean
society like a lot of people make it out to be. It is considered a health
food and is served mostly in places like the top of Soyu Mountain although
you will see it skinned and hanging in some downtown shops. Just because, I
tried it, and it is really bad. And it is usually eaten in small quantities.
And like a previous poster mentioned, they are raised for that purpose. They
only eat one kind of dog, which to me (I saw them alive in pens and they all
looked alike) looked like a curly tailed short hair terrier, about the size
of a small Pit Bull but not as muscular.

Old October 23rd, 2005, 05:46 AM
George

The people who are screaming the loudest about this are people who probably
don't agree with hunting and fishing. It is hard for me to believe it is
true. Dogs are pets and work animals to me and the line is usually blurred.
I have seen the dogs cut up in the market in Kunsan City, I could never
bring myself to try it.
George in Las Vegas

Old October 23rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
Tightwad

George wrote:

The people who are screaming the loudest about this are people who probably
don't agree with hunting and fishing. It is hard for me to believe it is
true. Dogs are pets and work animals to me and the line is usually blurred.
I have seen the dogs cut up in the market in Kunsan City, I could never
bring myself to try it.
George in Las Vegas

I hunt and fish as often as I can. I would never consider even using a
mongrel for bait however or a horse for steaks.
Old October 27th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Scottish Fly Fisher

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 01:11:31 GMT, "Jeff"
wrote:

"Tightwad" wrote in message
[...]

Interesting opportunity to author a cookbook... 101 ways to Wok your
Dog...
John

http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher