Fish finder conflicts

Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Doug

Default Fish finder conflicts

Hey everyone!

Thinking about getting another fish finder for the front of my boat. Either
I read or heard something about checking to make sure the two wont' conflict
when running at the same time. I've looked on Garmin's site, and a couple
others but didn't find anything about what to look for when buying a second
sonar unit.
So I guess my question is, what do you look for? What works and what
doesn't? Do you just have to look at the emitting frequency's and if so,
what are they in the spec's they give?

Thanks for any insight into this as I have a trip coming up, and need or
want to get one before...

TIA,

Doug

Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Doug

Thanks Charles,
I was just going to get cheapy for the front, since I blew most of my cash
on the main one. I would love to have to identical ones running, but can't.
I guess I'll wait and see what others think as well, and if no has any
problems, I guess I'll just pony up the dough and get one.

Basically, I just want the front one for depth and temp. I will locate with
the main one, and just keep on breaks with the front as I fish.

Hey Charles, question: this is off the topic, but did you really catch the
state record flathead down there? Or was that a doctored photo? Just
curious... I'm a Flathead fisherman as well....

Doug

. ..

Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Doug" wrote in message
Thanks Charles,
I was just going to get cheapy for the front, since I blew most of my
cash on the main one. I would love to have to identical ones running, but
can't. I guess I'll wait and see what others think as well, and if no
has any problems, I guess I'll just pony up the dough and get one.

Basically, I just want the front one for depth and temp. I will locate
with the main one, and just keep on breaks with the front as I fish.

I have had two (sometimes three) sounders running on all of my boats with no
real issues. I did notice that the Lowrance and Eagle (also Lowrance)
tended to go ape in shallow water more often than my Garmin units, but
that's about it.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

I had a cheap one on the front for a long time, and like you I just wanted
the depth and temp. The cheap one didn't do temp though. Finally it died and
I replaced it with an Eagle something-or-other. Not too long after that, the
main one went out too.

If you seen a picture of me with a state record catfish... you can believe
that it was doctored! Remind me where you seen that?

Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.

Yep,that was Charles that caught the catfish. He used the money he made off
that catch to buy him a mmotorsickle !

Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jerry Barton

Nor have I.

--
Member Of The National Association Of Photoshop Professionals

Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Doug

Charles,

You had actually posted a newspaper article with your picture and the fish
some time ago I remember, I bet it had to be 1 1/2 years ago or so, maybe
longer. I just happened to see in a post a while back someone mentioned to
you about that picture or article or something about catfishing, and for
some reason , it reminded me of that. I can't find that post anywhere now
though, it's been so long.

Old May 24th, 2007, 05:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Oh... on CNN? lol

I remember that... a day before that, I put my son inside one of those
mechanical arm grabbers that have those stuffed teddy bears in there. Just
sounded like something that he'd do anyway, but some othe kid beat him to
it. LOL