OT Breck Boy

Old July 6th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT Breck Boy

It's official. Kerry has chosen John Edwards as his running mate.

I don't see how Edwards is going to help. The South is a cold lock
cinch for Shrub, so he's no help there, the battleground states are
Pennsylvania, Ohio, maybe Michigan, rust belt states where the Dems
have to get out the union vote. A lot of those folks can't even
understand one drawled word Breck Boy says and don't cotton to
ultra-rich "populists" at any rate.

Big tactical error, in my opinion. He should have gone with Gephardt.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old July 6th, 2004, 03:51 PM

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:16:43 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

It's official. Kerry has chosen John Edwards as his running mate.

I don't see how Edwards is going to help. The South is a cold lock
cinch for Shrub, so he's no help there, the battleground states are
Pennsylvania, Ohio, maybe Michigan, rust belt states where the Dems
have to get out the union vote. A lot of those folks can't even
understand one drawled word Breck Boy says and don't cotton to
ultra-rich "populists" at any rate.

Big tactical error, in my opinion. He should have gone with Gephardt.

That assumes that Gebhardt would have gone with Kerry. I said yesterday
that Kerry was testing Gebhardt's honor, and it appears he still has it.
Contrary to what some say, I am well-aware that there are Dems with
ethics, honor, and a sense of right and wrong...and again, as long as
Attila McAuliffe, the Clintonistas, the Gorons, the Carvellians, etc.,
are in charge of the party, they'll not get into the Oval Office...a
Gebhardt-Dean (but not a Dean-Gebhardt) ticket might have actually been
good for the country, and a ticket of Gebhardt and McCain (in no
particular order), might have been a real winner (and in more ways then
votes)...well, except for McAuliffe, etc.

And as an aside, the Kerry-Heinz clan and the Edwards family, those real
solid, knows-what-the-middle-class-is-feeling, common families are
spending some time together...at the Heinz estate...

And as a second aside, I don't know a lot about Edwards, but from what I
do know, he appears to be more politically "big picture" naive than
without honor or ethics, but I am interested to see what the future
holds when the RNC starts replaying Kerry's slams of Edwards...

TC,

Old July 6th, 2004, 04:20 PM

On 6 Jul 2004 15:04:46 GMT, Scott Seidman
wrote:

wrote in news:r0ele010a8v6qsvd9vclm4do4hgbmqhkdu@
4ax.com:

And as a second aside, I don't know a lot about Edwards, but from what I
do know, he appears to be more politically "big picture" naive than
without honor or ethics, but I am interested to see what the future
holds when the RNC starts replaying Kerry's slams of Edwards...

Hopefully, the image of Cheney being carted away in handcuffs will null
that out!

Scott

Um, OK...and maybe the image of Nick and Jessica buying groceries will
have something to do with something, too...

Old July 6th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Dave LaCourse

It doesn't matter.....

Old July 6th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Mark H. Bowen

Why not?

Mark
"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
It doesn't matter.....

Old July 6th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Tim J.

"Mark H. Bowen" wrote...
"Dave LaCourse" wrote...
It doesn't matter.....

Why not?

Because this election is about pro-Bush / anti-Bush, not about the other
candidates.
--
TL,
Tim

Old July 6th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Flying Squirrel

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
gy.com...
It's official. Kerry has chosen John Edwards as his running mate.

I don't see how Edwards is going to help. The South is a cold lock
cinch for Shrub, so he's no help there, the battleground states are
Pennsylvania, Ohio, maybe Michigan, rust belt states where the Dems
have to get out the union vote. A lot of those folks can't even
understand one drawled word Breck Boy says and don't cotton to
ultra-rich "populists" at any rate.

Big tactical error, in my opinion. He should have gone with Gephardt.

--
Ken Fortenberry

IMO Edwards will boost Kerry the way picking Gore boosted Clinton. A
handsome face, poor-southern-boy-made-good (differing from Gore here,
obviously), miles clear of shady ethics rumors. I don't think most voters
see too much difference between rich and ultra-rich, or parse the the
distinction between populist and 'populist.' Heck, some good ol' boys I know
consider GWB a populist, tho this seems to be because he's so...
unsophisticated. As someone suggested above, the focus if any will be on
Edwards vs. Cheney, and Edwards wins there on just about any count.

Old July 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM
daytripper

On 6 Jul 2004 15:04:46 GMT, Scott Seidman wrote:

wrote in news:r0ele010a8v6qsvd9vclm4do4hgbmqhkdu@
4ax.com:

And as a second aside, I don't know a lot about Edwards, but from what I
do know, he appears to be more politically "big picture" naive than
without honor or ethics, but I am interested to see what the future
holds when the RNC starts replaying Kerry's slams of Edwards...

Hopefully, the image of Cheney being carted away in handcuffs will null
that out!

BWAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious!

I still think Shrub ditches Cheney and goes with Guiliani...