Good Night Turned Bad Turned Good Again

Old July 7th, 2005, 03:06 AM
alwaysfishking

Default Good Night Turned Bad Turned Good Again

Little Fishking has been pleading with me to take him out again so tonight
was soccer night for the girls so off to the lake we went.

Could not find the keys to unlock the boat...Bad night already and it was
only 6 p.m....Back to the house, good thing it's close. I find the key and
head back to the lake and launch the rlm.

Yesterday I lost a decent fish on a spinnerbait right near the launch. I
cast my tiny brush hog near the same spot and immediately felt the familiar
thump, I set the hook on a real nice fish. Same fish? Who knows but I was
glad I was able to boat it. Good Night again

My second fish came ona spinnerbait right off what else? A windy point.
Now if I had a nickel for every time someone told me spinnerbaits on windy
point produce, I'd be rich, Take the same nickels away for all the fish that
were never caught on a spinnerbait on windy points and I'd owe money. Again
just happy to land another fish.

I rigged up my son's rod with a baby brush hog in the same color I was
using and he also connected with a fish, only this guy was much smaller then
the previous 2 caught, Again, my son was elated just to be catching fish
with dad.

My son then hooked into something a bit different...my Shimano scorpion
attached to my St Croix rod. Ploop, right into the drink. Yikes!!! Local
security guard tried to yell over but it was too late. I motored over to
shore seeing as we were pretty shallow about 6 feet deep, stripped down to
my shorts and took a swim, I found the rod but not before stepping on a very
sharp piece of glass cutting my foot open pretty deep.

This counts as both Bad and Good.

We continued to fish with the little guy hitting one that was well over 3
lbs, this one was hooked deep as he had no idea the fish was on until the
rod was almost jerked from his hands. Great fish great smile. Line cut fish
released.

We caught about 6 or 7 more fish with most being good quality fish. The
bite was on from beggining to end and we both wanted to fish more after
dark, but it was bed time and work has to be done tomorrow. Pictures at
a.b.p.f

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Charles B. Summers

That sounded to me like a pretty nice night Randy... those are some
BEAUTIFUL fish!!!

I checked into the Priest for a couple of hours last night, bring five bass
into the boat and of course the "one that got away" was quick released at
the side of the boat, straightening out my hook. Why I still use those cheap
BPS hooks is beyond me. Anyway, that was the one fish that I was counting on
last night and she appeared to have gained a little weight since last year.
She's my pet, and I usually catch her once a month off of the same laydown.

Here's my bad night experience that actually wasn't. Everytime I'd move the
boat to another location, it would was like there wasn't enough power to get
the boat moving.After a few long seconds though, the boat would pop right up
and go. Well, on the way back to the ramp after 2 and a half hours of
fishing... I realized that I never screwed in my drain plug! The boat never
felt loaded with water except when taking off... and wasn't sitting low in
the water. Guess it has more floatation that I thought. I've seen boats sink
because of this...

Old July 7th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Jim Laumann

Randy

Hows the foot? Have you had a tetnus (sp?) booster recently?

Sounds like it was a fun night - fish wise....

Jim

Old July 7th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Bob La Londe

[...]

Nothing like the kids getting excited about fishing.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old July 8th, 2005, 01:45 AM
alwaysfishking

Foot hurts and tetnus shot was about two years ago, was gonna head out
tonight with my 7 year old but dark clouds and rain kept us inside playing
chess. I launch in the morning solo, rain or shine