Tuna salad anyone? Death of a Tuna and Deathof a Whale

Old November 20th, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
Dutch

Default THE MYTH OF DIET AND COLESTEROL (AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote

But what about the "lacto-ovo" vegetarians?

They aren't vegetarians, except according to a sloppy, self-serving
misnomer.

----------------------------

For Dutch's sake, my original message (to Rodney) is restated below....

Changing the wording doesn't change anything.

Old November 21st, 2006, 02:59 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
dangrang

"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote

But what about the "lacto-ovo" vegetarians?

They aren't vegetarians, except according to a sloppy, self-serving
misnomer.

----------------------------

For Dutch's sake, my original message (to Rodney) is restated below....

Changing the wording doesn't change anything.

======================

I was following the recommendation you yourself made here some time ago
regarding this:

-Question from Pearl (when discussing diets that don't include meat, but do
include other animal products like dairy / eggs):
"What definition would you prefer to describe a diet excluding meat?"

-Reply from Dutch:
"Meatless"
http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.an...85d6cdd9?hl=en

You complained about the term "lacto-ovo vegetarians" which I used, saying
they aren't vegetarians, so I restated my original message changing
"lacto-ovo vegetarians" to "those who follow a meatless diet, yet still
consume dairy products and eggs", using your preferred word "meatless" to
make you happy. But you nevertheless now say that changing the wording
doesn't change anything. Sheesh! See if I ever do that again....

-dr

Old November 21st, 2006, 06:35 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
Dutch

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote

But what about the "lacto-ovo" vegetarians?

They aren't vegetarians, except according to a sloppy, self-serving
misnomer.
----------------------------

For Dutch's sake, my original message (to Rodney) is restated below....

Changing the wording doesn't change anything.

======================

I was following the recommendation you yourself made here some time ago

How would you remember? I don't recall ever seeing your alias. You're not a
scumbag nymshifter are you?

In any case, I am not defending Rodney, as I have said many times, for most
people, in most cases, a vegetarian diet is more than adequate. The primary
problem with it is not poor nutrition, it's the temptation to fall into a
mind-numbing pseudo-moralistic psychosis.

Old November 21st, 2006, 12:53 PM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
dangrang

"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote

But what about the "lacto-ovo" vegetarians?

They aren't vegetarians, except according to a sloppy, self-serving
misnomer.
----------------------------

For Dutch's sake, my original message (to Rodney) is restated below....

Changing the wording doesn't change anything.

======================

I was following the recommendation you yourself made here some time ago

How would you remember?

----------------------------------

Because I read this newsgroup and I have a memory. But I think the more
important question is why didn't *you* remember?

I don't recall ever seeing your alias. You're not a scumbag nymshifter are
you?

Oh man that really hurts, coming from a Pillar of Honesty and Integrity such
as yourself.... :-)

In any case, I am not defending Rodney,

That's what I figured, since you only commented on the term "lacto-ovo
vegetarian" itself.

-dr

Old November 21st, 2006, 09:08 PM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
Dutch

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote

But what about the "lacto-ovo" vegetarians?

They aren't vegetarians, except according to a sloppy, self-serving
misnomer.
----------------------------

For Dutch's sake, my original message (to Rodney) is restated
below....

Changing the wording doesn't change anything.
======================

I was following the recommendation you yourself made here some time ago

How would you remember?

----------------------------------

Because I read this newsgroup and I have a memory. But I think the more
important question is why didn't *you* remember?

The important question is why do find it necessary to keep changing your
alias and what are your previous ones?

Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:30 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
dangrang

"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote

But what about the "lacto-ovo" vegetarians?

They aren't vegetarians, except according to a sloppy, self-serving
misnomer.
----------------------------

For Dutch's sake, my original message (to Rodney) is restated
below....

Changing the wording doesn't change anything.
======================

I was following the recommendation you yourself made here some time ago

How would you remember?

----------------------------------

Because I read this newsgroup and I have a memory. But I think the more
important question is why didn't *you* remember?

The important question is why do find it necessary to keep changing your
alias and what are your previous ones?

===================

Surely our first priority must be to wrap up the "lacto-ovo vegetarian"
discussion you started with me here on this thread. Let's take care of that
unfinished business first, then we can talk about the details of other
discussions you or I may have been involved in, for example the details of
why you found it necessary to keep lying about your own children in the
past.

So anyway, first things first -
After you complained about my original message, and I then restated it for
you, changing "lacto-ovo vegetarians" to "those who follow a meatless diet,
yet still consume dairy products and eggs", why did you state: "Changing the
wording doesn't change anything"? Why would you say that when I was
following the recommendation, made by you yourself here some time ago, to
use the word "meatless" rather than "vegetarian" when describing that type
of diet?

Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:15 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
Dutch

"dangrang" wrote
"Dutch" wrote

The important question is why do find it necessary to keep changing your
alias and what are your previous ones?

===================

Surely our first priority must be

...to resolve who you are. That's all that matters to me at the moment. What
are your previous aliases? I have stopped responding to certain hopeless
dip****s and if you're one then we're done here.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:04 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
dangrang

"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote
"Dutch" wrote

The important question is why do find it necessary to keep changing your
alias and what are your previous ones?

===================

Surely our first priority must be

..to resolve who you are. That's all that matters to me at the moment.
What are your previous aliases? I have stopped responding to certain
hopeless dip****s and if you're one then we're done here.

-------------------------------

None of those concerns stopped you from responding to my post first in this
discussion, so why is any of that an issue now? What I want to know is if I
should continue to make any special provision for you and refer to lacto-ovo
vegetarians as "lacto-ovo meatlessarians" or "those who follow a meatless
diet yet still consume dairy products and eggs", in accordance with your
recommendation from 3 months ago to use the word "meatless" instead of
"vegetarian" when describing that diet. Or should I not bother because 2
days ago you told a different story in this discussion - stating that
"Changing the wording doesn't change anything." Surprisingly, you stated
that the very day after you complained about the wording in that term
"lacto-ovo vegetarians" which I used in my original message, and which I
then changed for you in accordance with your earlier stated recommendation
from 3 months ago:
http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.an...85d6cdd9?hl=en

Sheesh, you're obviously so hopelessly confused that I should be the one who
should be thinking about not responding to you any more....

-dr

Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:11 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
Dutch

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote
"Dutch" wrote

The important question is why do find it necessary to keep changing
your alias and what are your previous ones?
===================

Surely our first priority must be

..to resolve who you are. That's all that matters to me at the moment.
What are your previous aliases? I have stopped responding to certain
hopeless dip****s and if you're one then we're done here.

-------------------------------

None of those concerns

That was your last chance, goodbye.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:59 AM posted to alt.fishing,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,rec.outdoors.fishing
dangrang

"Dutch" wrote in message

"dangrang" wrote in message
"Dutch" wrote in message
"dangrang" wrote
"Dutch" wrote

The important question is why do find it necessary to keep changing
your alias and what are your previous ones?
===================

Surely our first priority must be

..to resolve who you are. That's all that matters to me at the moment.
What are your previous aliases? I have stopped responding to certain
hopeless dip****s and if you're one then we're done here.

None of those concerns

That was your last chance, goodbye.

Bye bye, chicken! :-)