At 7:05 tonight...

Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:26 AM
RichZ

Default At 7:05 tonight...

It will be 10 years since I lit my last cigarette.

Not coinicidentally, at 7:06 it will be 10 years since my heart attack.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM
Joshuall

Congrats on the accomplishment Rich. I have a dear one who's strugglin with
that habit. I also kicked it in 1975. Not easy. Proud of you buddy.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old February 2nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:26:38 -0500, RichZ
sent into the ether:

It will be 10 years since I lit my last cigarette.

Not coinicidentally, at 7:06 it will be 10 years since my heart attack.

Here's hopping for a whole lot more Rich.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
Old February 3rd, 2005, 12:22 AM
John Kerr

HELP! I've tried everything....but my problem is, I enjoy the damn
things! Guess it's a little like sex...it may kill me some day...but
damned if I'm gonna quit it grin!

Seriously....I have been giving this a lot of thought lately, my dentist
is getting very "vocal" about it....not to mention my doctor friend that
I play golf with....the dentist probably is sincere....my friend the
doctor, probably just wants me to live long enough to get his money back
from our golf bets grin!

Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:58 AM
RATMAN

Congrats Rich. I've got an employee at work that loves bass fishing &
smoking. He told me that he would love to go on one of my trips to El
Salto with me but can't afford it. I got out my calculator and showed
him that the cost of going to El Salto every other year is almost
exactly the same cost as 1 pack of cigarettes a day! I guess we all
have our priorities.

Old February 3rd, 2005, 02:55 AM
RichZ

John Kerr wrote:
HELP! I've tried everything....but my problem is, I enjoy the damn
things! Guess it's a little like sex...it may kill me some day...but
damned if I'm gonna quit it grin!

Seriously....I have been giving this a lot of thought lately, my dentist
is getting very "vocal" about it....not to mention my doctor friend that
I play golf with....the dentist probably is sincere....my friend the
doctor, probably just wants me to live long enough to get his money back
from our golf bets grin!

John,

I quit when I had the heart attack. Never had the slightest urge to
light up another one. That after smoking unfiltered Pall Malls for 35 years.

But 2 years after the heart attack, I went was diagnosed with an aortic
aneurism. The vascular surgeon told me that he had never had to put a
prosthetic aorta into a patient under the age of 70 who was not a
lifelong heavy smoker. If I hadn't given it up prior to that, I would
have given it up at that point.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:07 AM
John Kerr

At 7:05 tonight...

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Wed, Feb 2, 2005, 9:55pm (CST+1)
From: (RichZ)
=======
I quit when I had the heart attack. Never had the slightest urge to
light up another one. That after smoking unfiltered Pall Malls for 35
years.
But 2 years after the heart attack, I went was diagnosed with an aortic
aneurism. The vascular surgeon told me that he had never had to put a
prosthetic aorta into a patient under the age of 70 who was not a
lifelong heavy smoker. If I hadn't given it up prior to that, I would
have given it up at that point.
=======
Rich, I hear ya....now I just have to find my way to beat it! I guess we
don't think it can happen to "us"...til it does. All the guys that have
posted here that have kicked the habit is heartening...I need to do more
than just think about it! I want to be around when my grandson wins the
Basmasters Classic grin!

Thanks for the reply!

John

Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:40 AM
Eric Ryder

I quit cold turkey, no problemo in April after 20 yrs (and I liked them
right at the end) Although I wasn't certain that I wanted to live forever,
I did want the freedom to choose. Now I do want to live forever...(hope I
reformed in time) BTW, if you don't stop the smoking, you will probably be
quitting sex earlier than you would like!

Old February 3rd, 2005, 05:06 AM
go-bassn

John - quit for "the kid"...

Warren