ff in Cuba

Old January 1st, 2009, 06:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default ff in Cuba

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Dave LaCourse wrote:
I'm not cheering, you fool.
snip
Go Israel.
That's cheering.
Perhaps to you, but not me. I am pro Israel and that is my way of
showing it.

Your timing is abysmal.

There is no cheering for death, you fool.

Then why are you doing it ?

I'm not cheering death, ...

You're cheering a state which is five days into an atrocious
war crime. Israel is using state of the art weapons (mostly
American) to rain death and destruction on thousands of
largely defenseless innocents. Over 1600 injured and almost
400 dead as opposed to 4 dead Israelis. That's 100 to 1 and
that's a war crime. In a just world Israel would be held
accountable for their atrocity and no person on earth would
be ignorant enough to defend their actions.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 11:48:37 -0600, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

You're cheering a state which is five days into an atrocious
war crime. Israel is using state of the art weapons (mostly
American) to rain death and destruction on thousands of
largely defenseless innocents. Over 1600 injured and almost
400 dead as opposed to 4 dead Israelis. That's 100 to 1 and
that's a war crime. In a just world Israel would be held
accountable for their atrocity and no person on earth would
be ignorant enough to defend their actions.

Whar flavor are you drinking. The orange or the purple. The only
people who are killing Palestinians are Hamas. If Hamas would put
their rocket launchers/mortar pads in a field, palm grove, on the
beach, *anywhere* but in a dwelling, there would be NO deaths.

Oh, now I know. Last time I saw you your lips were purple. Too much
of that stuff is bad for you, just like the dope is, Ken.

Go Israel Survive

Dave, RWC

Old January 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 31 2008, 5:43*pm, Dave LaCourse
wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:19:33 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

What I don't get is that you rave on about your personal knowledge of
food stamp cheaters and their expensive cars but you say nothing about
turning them in.

For what? *Owning expensive cars? *No law against that. *I have heard
some of them talking about where the best place is to "exchange" food
stamps. *Again, is that against the law? *A majority of the people are
just down on their luck at the present time, but there are some that
have been around for as long as I have worked there - 2 -3 years. *If
you haven't done any volunteer work with the poor, David, you should
try it. *It is an eye opener in both a positive and a negative way.

Go Israel

Dave, RWC
(Happy New Year - my last post of 2008. *We're outahere.)

So you see corruption but you do nothing about it, except move into a
Perry Mason persona. Stealing from the government is a crime, trust
me. If you don't have the cojones to report it in person, you can do
it anonymously via one of the fraud hot lines.

And since you insist . . . . As per working with the poor, I'll match
my years, both volunteer and paid, fixing programs and rooting out
cheaters, (mostly among administrators and upper middle class people
by the way,) some of whom were also vague about their understanding
that government property was not their personal property. My current
Mother Teresa gig in this regard is raising fresh food for the
"Helpline/Fishline" food bank. In season we raise mostly green beans,
squash, peppers, eggplant, some greens, and corn enough for deliveries
about once a week July-September, and lots of apples from late August -
October. Its something, but pathetic compared to what society and
this country have given to me. Next year we will do more and maybe pop
for a pig or half a cow from my lessee. As I am sure you are aware
food banks are shortest on fresh foods. I should and can do more.

Dave
Another sanctimonious candidate for Sainthood
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

http://www.flyfisherman.com/florida/gacuba/index.html

Old January 1st, 2009, 11:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

rw wrote:

http://www.flyfisherman.com/florida/gacuba/index.html

http://www.avalons.net/home.html

if it opens up...or you qualify for a medical, educational or scientific
visa...let me know.

jeff
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

http://www.worldwidefishing.com/cuba/salt.htm
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

rw wrote:

http://www.flyfisherman.com/florida/gacuba/index.html

If you want to go to Cuba just do it. There are plenty of
small airlines in Jamaica which will fly you to Cuba and
back without leaving a stamp on your passport. I know many
people who have done exactly that, not for fly fishing but
for cigars. You can fly out of Kingston but the really cheap
flights are out of Negril.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

http://www.cubamaniaks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Lazarus Cooke

Dave La Course wrote:

The only
people who are killing Palestinians are Hamas.

This is a complete sentence not quoted out of context.

I think that it stands as an indication of Dave's view of things.

It's a bit like saying that, in the 1940s, the only people killing Jews
were other Jews.

Lazarus
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

rw wrote:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1097.html

perhaps there is a CLE program with an international sponsor, or you
could get a journalist badge from a flyfishing mag?

jeff