Outboard motor REPAIR

Old September 20th, 2009, 03:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Macio

Default Outboard motor REPAIR

I am trying to start a new group on Yahoo.
For all of us shade-tree mechanics.
It WILL BE MODERATED, so you will not be exposed to all the SPAM crap.
Please apply to join and spread the word.

Old September 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "Macio"

| I am trying to start a new group on Yahoo.
| For all of us shade-tree mechanics.
| It WILL BE MODERATED, so you will not be exposed to all the SPAM crap.
| Please apply to join and spread the word.

You mean like the spam you posted ?

Or is the attachments posted in a non-vinaries group ?

Old September 20th, 2009, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
D 2

From: "Macio"

| I am trying to start a new group on Yahoo.
| For all of us shade-tree mechanics.
| It WILL BE MODERATED, so you will not be exposed to all the SPAM crap.
| Please apply to join and spread the word.

You mean like the spam you posted ?

Or is the attachments posted in a non-vinaries group ?

I didn't see an attachment - only a link.

I wouldn't consider this to be spam unless the guy is making money from
the site. It's on-topic for this group.
Old September 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "D 2"

| I didn't see an attachment - only a link.

| I wouldn't consider this to be spam unless the guy is making money from
| the site. It's on-topic for this group.

Attachments were in previous, "long range casting..." posts.

Making money is not the sole cause to be deemed spam. Since he is telling others to go to
another site, he is spamming said site. Granted some may say that it being a one shot
post does not rise to the level of spam. However because he posted "...so you will not be
exposed to all the SPAM crap" I pointed out he is doing what would not be allowed in the
Yahoo Groups.

Old September 21st, 2009, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
D[_3_]

From: "D 2"

| I didn't see an attachment - only a link.

| I wouldn't consider this to be spam unless the guy is making money from
| the site. It's on-topic for this group.

Attachments were in previous, "long range casting..." posts.

Making money is not the sole cause to be deemed spam. Since he is telling others to go to
another site, he is spamming said site. Granted some may say that it being a one shot
post does not rise to the level of spam. However because he posted "...so you will not be
exposed to all the SPAM crap" I pointed out he is doing what would not be allowed in the
Yahoo Groups.

I guess we disagree. Making money is a huge part of spam. He is
looking for people to join a simple discussion group to share
information about boat repair where commercial posts that are off topic
can be deleted. I don't see it as a malicious attack on this group and
I only saw his post in two fishing/boating groups.

Old September 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Macio

Thank you sir.
No profit motive....
Just trying to assemble a group of like-minded individuals.

From: "Macio"

Old September 27th, 2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Macio

Thanks,
Seems you are the only sane person who read this.

From: "D 2"

Old September 27th, 2009, 11:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
The D

From: "D 2"

| I didn't see an attachment - only a link.

| I wouldn't consider this to be spam unless the guy is making money from
| the site. It's on-topic for this group.

Attachments were in previous, "long range casting..." posts.

Making money is not the sole cause to be deemed spam. Since he is
telling others to go to another site, he is spamming said site. Granted
some may say that it being a one shot post does not rise to the level of
spam. However because he posted "...so you will not be exposed to all
the SPAM crap" I pointed out he is doing what would not be allowed in the
Yahoo Groups.

I guess we disagree. Making money is a huge part of spam. He is looking
for people to join a simple discussion group to share information about
boat repair where commercial posts that are off topic can be deleted. I
don't see it as a malicious attack on this group and I only saw his post
in two fishing/boating groups.

No, there are others who chose to not attack you.

You might want to look at other free discussion groups. Yahoo is a bit
outdated. Check this out...

http://proboards.com/