World Record Dorado off Cabo

Old July 16th, 2006, 05:07 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
[email protected]

Default World Record Dorado off Cabo

This giant was caught in 2001 and weighed right at 80 pounds. It was
recognized for a line class record but not for an All Tackle due to the
Certified Scale having 5 pound increments. Witnesses said it was
brushing the 80 pound mark which would have made it the All Tackle
Record at the time, but for the 5 pound increments.
http://www.1fghp.com/Dorado/wrdorado.html
Jim Dillon the angler is a class act who has his own foundation that
helps the kids of Cabo and has donated to the New Orleans effort as
well.
Jim Dicken

Old July 20th, 2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

I fished on the El Budster on 4/19/05, I caught my first Marlin a 140
pounder!...............A dream come true for me, I researched Cabo for over
two years before I could pull off the trip.

I have been wanting to go back ever since, The Capt. and first mate were
excellent - I forget their names? anyhow, we trolled all day and had 8
Marlin come up behind the troll but none would take the lure or the live
bait we would throw. We were on our last troll before we had to head back
when we finally hooked up - I have many Pic's that my girlfriend took during
the 42 minute fight if anyone needs proof -no BS here. I don't know Jim
Dillon or anyone associated with the El Budster but I would highly recommend
them if you want to catch big fish.

--
Ralph D.
From Massachusetts