The Talented Trout Fisher That I Am

Old August 18th, 2008, 02:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Default The Talented Trout Fisher That I Am

For some reason Bear decided to take an interest in fishing today, other
than knockin' me off of MY rocks and smirkin' at my fishin' prowess. Bear
and I decided to head over to a buddies Rv campgrounds this morn. The
campgrounds is situated at the confluence of my favorite stream--Upper
Creek-- and Steel Creek. I tied on a blonde parachute fly, about size
16--and, no, I have no idea what it is really called! I cast this fly about
10 or 15 times with nary a strike.

So, I tied a humongous stonefly lookin' winged thing--probably a #8, on to
my 5X tippet and 3wt. line. Somewhat diffficult to cast, if I do sayso
myself. I did manage to catch a very nice bluegill and a smallish crappie.
Managed to lose that fly somewhere in the grass around the large pool where
the two streams converge. Next I tied on a Clouser Minnow, cause I had seen
a good size fish (trout, I think to myself) flash me with its silvery side.
However the large fish wouldn't go for my splashy winged stonefly. And since
I had lost the gigantic winged thingy, I figured I'd go deep with the
Clouser. About five casts into my attempt to get the Clouser out to the
middle of the pool, I found myself lookin' up into the branches of a white
oak tree wonderin' jus how I was gonna retrieve my Clouser Minnow.

Having lost my Clouser to a tree, Bear and I crossed Upper Creek and I tied
on a #12 Royal Wulff, I think?
I cast it a couple of times into the Steel Creek just where it spills into
Upper Creek. Suddenly a blast come out of the water and takes my little fly.
I set the hook, and proceeded to fumble for my cell phone, to take a pic.

The pics are over at abpf.

Op

Old August 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote

.. Suddenly a blast come out of the water and takes my little fly.
I set the hook, and proceeded to fumble for my cell phone, to take a pic.

The pics are over at abpf.

nice smallmouth, mark.

yfitp
wayno

Old August 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message
For some reason Bear decided to take an interest in fishing today, other
than knockin' me off of MY rocks and smirkin' at my fishin' prowess.

Thanks for sharing the TR and photo Op.

JT