IT'S BIDEN....

Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default IT'S BIDEN....

....who, presumably, will be hoping for, A) a good seat at the Inaugural
Address and, B) that President McCain doesn't hold really big grudges...

Sheesh,
....and funny thing is, Biden's probably the best practical choice of
Obama's "front runners"...or, well, he was before he hooked up with the
Great Off-White Hope...

Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
...who, presumably, will be hoping for, A) a good seat at the Inaugural
Address and, B) that President McCain doesn't hold really big grudges...

Sheesh,
...and funny thing is, Biden's probably the best practical choice of
Obama's "front runners"...or, well, he was before he hooked up with the
Great Off-White Hope...

Then again, he might serve out a couple of terms in the new Obama
administration, and show everyone that he may be one of the smartest men in
Washington. Meanwhile, the wrinkled white-haired candidate gets to choose
between showing that he has an independent set of balls and knuckling under
to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannitty. Wanna guess which way McCain will go??
Tom

Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:17:48 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

Then again, he might serve out a couple of terms in the new Obama
administration, and show everyone that he may be one of the smartest men in
Washington. Meanwhile, the wrinkled white-haired candidate gets to choose
between showing that he has an independent set of balls and knuckling under
to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannitty. Wanna guess which way McCain will go??

And, then again, perhaps the Dems in Denver will select Hillary come
Wednesday. It would only take about 5% of the delegates to do that,
and they are free to do so. Obama should be many points ahead of Mac
at this point in the journey. He is trailing Mac in many polls and at
best even in others. Are the Dems whistling past the graveyard?

I like Biden, but he has said many pro McCain statements, and many
anti-Obama statements, including, "(Obama) lacks the experience to be
president. The job is not one where you can rely on OJT." Strong
words coming from your "running mate". I think it is slowly dawning
on some that Obama lacks not only foreign policy experience (why else
would he pick Biden), but a domestic policy (higher taxes) that will
lead the economy into the dolrums. Every tax cut has brought more
money to the coffers than tax increases which tend to worsen an
economy. Even Warren Buffet (who has never seen a tax he did not
like) has said it would be suicide to tax windfall profits on the oil
companies.

Dave (sitting here wondering why the hell *I* didn't get the text
message on my Blackberry)
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
And, then again, perhaps the Dems in Denver will select Hillary come
Wednesday. It would only take about 5% of the delegates to do that,
and they are free to do so.

never will happen....just a feel-good day for the Clinton folks at the
convention.

Obama should be many points ahead of Mac
at this point in the journey.

why?

He is trailing Mac in many polls and at
best even in others. Are the Dems whistling past the graveyard?

we shall see who is whistling, my friend. I suspect that all the predictable
bluster from the right masks the fact that:
1. Biden scares them ****less and, 2.They know that much of Obama's support
comes from those outside standard polling access, as most mainstream polling
does not hit a Blackberry/cellphone/text message culture well, at all.

I like Biden, but he has said many pro McCain statements, and many
anti-Obama statements, including, "(Obama) lacks the experience to be
president. The job is not one where you can rely on OJT." Strong
words coming from your "running mate".

yes, and classic Biden at that. Shows, at least to me, that Obama has enough
gumption to be able to avoid a 'yes-
man' by his side in the administration or on the campaign trail. I like that
in a leader, personally. YMMV.

I think it is slowly dawning
on some that Obama lacks not only foreign policy experience (why else
would he pick Biden), but a domestic policy (higher taxes) that will
lead the economy into the dolrums. Every tax cut has brought more
money to the coffers than tax increases which tend to worsen an
economy.

utter nonsense. Both the Reagan and Bush jr. tax cuts achieved one salient
thing: the immediate and sizeable rise in deficit spending. Money to the
coffers? Hardly, all that rose in either case was the size of the IOU's we
cut, often to foreign nations not exactly sharing our national interests.
Tom

Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:45:27 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

never will happen.

But it *could*.

d;o)

Old August 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:17:48 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
...who, presumably, will be hoping for, A) a good seat at the Inaugural
Address and, B) that President McCain doesn't hold really big grudges...

Sheesh,
...and funny thing is, Biden's probably the best practical choice of
Obama's "front runners"...or, well, he was before he hooked up with the
Great Off-White Hope...

Then again, he might serve out a couple of terms in the new Obama
administration, and show everyone that he may be one of the smartest men in
Washington. Meanwhile, the wrinkled white-haired candidate gets to choose
between showing that he has an independent set of balls and knuckling under
to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannitty. Wanna guess which way McCain will go??
Tom

Hey, I said Biden is probably the best practical choice. He's a pretty
sharp guy and pol, esp. when the press isn't around when he's speaking
off-hand, and he'd probably make a fair Prez (again, as long as he NEVER
had to make an unscripted speech). But I imagine Turdblossom and the
Rovettes are probably damper than nymphos in an NFL lockerroom over some
of Biden's past statements, some straightforward and honest (like his
comments to Jon Stewart, who is a friend of McCain's) and others, well,
let's just say that they don't do Obama much good. I can see the press
conference now:

"Senator Biden, what's your opinion of your running mate?"

"Well, Sam, he's a good-looking, well-dressed guy, and when he speaks,
you'd never guess he's half jigaboo..."

"Uh...what?"

"No, I mean it. Look at the guy, bright white teeth against that
mocha-colored skin - he's a handsome guy. And he doesn't need $500.00
loafers and 136 houses to seem like your average, normal white guy..."

"Er, yeah...well, what about your comments regarding you running WITH
John McCain?"

"Oh, well, Sam, that's before anyone had really heard of Barack Obama."

"Senator, you said it in late 2005..."

"Right. Exactly. Way back then, no one knew who Barack was. Heck, all
he had done up to that point is made a speech and voted "present" a
bunch. Heck, I'd didn't even know who he was when I saw him around the
Senate...I just figured he was some actor friend of Hillary's or maybe
Barney's new 'friend'..."

"WHAT?"

"I still think McCain would make one heck of President, but I just think
Obama would make a better one..."

"Why do you say that? What would you say are his biggest
qualifications?"

"The man gives one heck of a speech. Just about every twenty-something
year old white democratic girl I know just swoons at the mere mention of
his name. Some of the guys, too. Like I said, look at him - if he were
a gal, he'd be Halle Berry..."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah, I heard someone say that Barack is the Halle Berry of American
politics - Jon Stewart or Al Franken or Bill Maher, one of those guys,
and just look at him - they're right as rain."

"Senator Biden, what do you think of the whispers that you and Obama are
beginning to look suspiciously like McGovern/Eagleton..."

"That's ridiculous - Obama's black."

"Thanks for your time, Senator..."

"Thank you...say, you look a little macaque-ish to me...are you sure
you're a reporter and not a convenience store clerk?"

And for the record, I don't really think Biden is a racist, but some of
his statements are just Vermont white-boy naive (and sometimes, contain
a grain truth or at least a grain of what a whole bunch of folks of all
races, creeds, and colors are REALLY thinking.

TC,

Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message

as a voter...i think biden is a great pick for hussene obama.....

good on ya, rich! A try at the usual middle name smear, and you even manage
to **** that up. Congrats!
Tom

Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
he'd probably make a fair Prez (again, as long as he NEVER
had to make an unscripted speech).

as you may remember, I've seen old Joe in action since 1972, having worked
on his first Senate campaign. Personally, I like his straightforward,
unvarnished way of presenting himself. He'll do just fine, IMO. Today, I
heard one talking head put it well.....even when Joe commits some verbal
gaffe, you are left thinking afterward that, to some extent, he was right.
Oh, and that sound you may hear in the background is the Democrat coalition
coming together nicely. Let the right try the smear campaign and
out-of-context quote game.....I think Biden can handle anything they throw
at him.
I ask, once again, what is McCain going to come up with for a veep pick??
I'm awaiting either a complete sell-out to the extreme right wing, or some
off-the-wall attempt at a home run ball that blows up in his face.
Tom

Old August 24th, 2008, 12:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 19:54:35 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
he'd probably make a fair Prez (again, as long as he NEVER
had to make an unscripted speech).

as you may remember, I've seen old Joe in action since 1972, having worked
on his first Senate campaign. Personally, I like his straightforward,
unvarnished way of presenting himself.

Again, I, too, think he is a fairly decent guy, as pols go (as is
McCain); some oddballs ideas (again, like McCain), but generally a guy
seeming to truly want do the right thing (again, like McCain). In fact,
take him and McCain apart, put the pieces in a box, shake it, and build
a coupla pols back and never have to worry about which parts went
where...well, except one of 'em might think they needed an immediate
haircut...at a barber shop...

He'll do just fine, IMO. Today, I heard one talking head put it well.....
even when Joe commits some verbal
gaffe, you are left thinking afterward that, to some extent, he was right.

Er, see my reply...the part you snipped...and I'd agree. Unfortunately,
one of his "gaffes" was saying, generally, the McCain would make a great
Prez and another was that Obama had the experience of a 10-year-old on
his first "date"...and I suspect that a few more people than Obama (and
now him) really want to think such are going to think, "Ya know, ol' Joe
WAS right..."

Oh, and that sound you may hear in the background is the Democrat coalition
coming together nicely.

Naw, that's just Billary and Hil..., er Bill and Hillary and all the
little Clintonistas scurrying around gathering rocks...

Let the right try the smear campaign and out-of-context quote game...

Yeah, the lefties would never take anything out of context and try and
twist it...IAC, the real problem for Obama is that a lot of it isn't
smear and in-context is worse than out-of-context...

..I think Biden can handle anything they throw at him.

Oh, from a personal political standpoint, I do, too. He's a pro, and
I'd bet that no matter what he says about McCain or McCain says about
him, they'll be fine with each other when it's over. From a
getting-elected standpoint, I'm VERY dubious of anyone's ability to
handle it as far as getting past it to the White House.

I ask, once again, what is McCain going to come up with for a veep pick??

Actually, McCain's "problem" really isn't a (big) "problem." I think
Romney is probably his best choice (and probably, the best overall Prez
candidate among Biden, Obama, and McCain and him if the voters are
voting "economy is job #1," which also makes him McCain's best choice).
I'm awaiting either a complete sell-out to the extreme right wing, or some
off-the-wall attempt at a home run ball that blows up in his face.

I don't think McCain could take any bigger risk than Biden, as far as
having a veep that can be made to appear to the public to be ticking.
Huckabee would be a equal "ticker," but not a _bigger_ potential boom.

I suspect, but can't prove, that Biden was more the elder Dems pick
rather than Obama's in that they told him, basically, "Look, you got 'em
all worked up and you're a good-looking kid with a potentially bright
future. When you're old enough for erections, you can erect, but until
then, you can run the pep rallies, vote 'present' and watch and learn,
but let the adults work...oh, and keep that **** of wife out of
everyone's way - we learned our lesson with Hillary on THAT ****..." I
also suspect that they aren't any more sure of whether he's just an
appealing empty suit or a real up-and-comer than anyone else who pays
real attention.

TC,
Tom