DJIA up sharply, anticipating Obama victory

Old November 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Default DJIA up sharply, anticipating Obama victory

The free market has spoken. :-) If McCain wins watch it drop.

Old November 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:45:45 -0800, rw
wrote:

The free market has spoken. :-) If McCain wins watch it drop.

If Obama wins, with his tax **** including more taxes on capital
gains, watch the Dow drop. Who the hell wants to invest if the gov is
going to take more money from you. The raise in today's market has
absolutely nothing to do with the election. I mean, even an asshole
like you should know that...... well, on second thought, perhaps not.

Idiot!

Old November 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

wrote:

The free market has spoken. :-) If McCain wins watch it drop.

If Obama wins, with his tax **** including more taxes on capital
gains, watch the Dow drop. *Who the hell wants to invest if the gov is
going to take more money from you. *The raise in today's market has
absolutely nothing to do with the election. *I mean, even an asshole
like you should know that...... well, on second thought, perhaps not.

Idiot!

SPROING!

Actually I think with the Democrats in power, with their superior
policies, prosperity is just around the corner. I volunteer at my
local Chamber. You know, passing out drinks, office supplies, etc and
9 out of 10 tell me that the Republicans have treated them like ****.
Most say they feel a lot better with the Ds at the helm, you know,
steering a true course.

Old November 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Nov 4, 2:53 pm, DaveS wrote:

prosperity is just around the corner.

If that's so, then IMO it's a looooong corner...

I don't envy the people who win their elections. They will face
monumental challenges. From the prez right down to the new school
board member who is finding out the district is heavily invested in
CDOs. I think we are living right now in "history" unlike any since
WWII. We should all pray that those elected will be up to the task and
will honorably attack the great challenges ahead. If they don't, if it
ends up as petty politics as usual, or worse, then God help us all...

Jon.
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:53:27 -0800 (PST), DaveS
wrote:

Actually I think with the Democrats in power, with their superior
policies, prosperity is just around the corner.

Riiiiight. what the hell do you think we've had for the last 8 years.
Sure seems like prosperity to me. Doin' real well, David. Remember,
pay those taxes. Gotta get my Navy pay AND by SS pay from you dumb
libbers. d;o)

How's it grab your ass David that both Bush and Cheney will be making
more money than you *until they die*. Now THAT is funny.

I always try to look on the bright side, David. If Obama wins I will
have my wife home with me every day. We'll be able to do things
together. She'll be able to join me in Chile or Alaska. No more
travels to NJ. No more getting up early. And, if Obama wins, I won't
have to go on suicide watch in the town just north of me. PLUS, I
won't have to worry about Fortenberry in my driveway tomorrow morning
with his chicken**** 4 iron. d;o(

Dave (who could live with just about anyone as postus)

Dave
Hoping he doesn't have to go on suicide watch tonight........ sigh....

Old November 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

And, if Obama wins, I won't
have to go on suicide watch in the town just north of me. PLUS, I
won't have to worry about Fortenberry in my driveway tomorrow morning
with his chicken**** 4 iron. d;o(

I suspect that if this comes to be, in four years you'll be saving more
money on pharmaceuticals alone than you'll be losing in any tax increases.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peaceful Bill

rw wrote:
The free market has spoken. :-) If McCain wins watch it drop.

It priced in the Obama victory. That's why it fell so far down.
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Peaceful Bill

rw wrote:
Dave LaCourse wrote:

Idiot!