ff in Cuba

Old December 29th, 2008, 03:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Default ff in Cuba

What are the chances that the Obama administration and the Democratic
Party majority in Congress will relax the odious, long-standing travel
restrictions to Cuba? I think Obama could do it with the stroke of a pen.

I don't like my government telling me where I can and can't travel,
especially when the destination has superb winter sal****er fly fishing
(or so I hear).

No other posts on ROFF this Dec. 28. Does this mean that Usenet is dead?

Old December 29th, 2008, 03:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On Dec 28, 9:11*pm, rw wrote:
No other posts on ROFF this Dec. 28. Does this mean that Usenet is dead?

No, it means it's a holiday; and everybody but you and I have better
things to do than post to ROFF..

Joe F.
Old December 29th, 2008, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

rb608 wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:11 pm, rw wrote:

No other posts on ROFF this Dec. 28. Does this mean that Usenet is dead?

No, it means it's a holiday; and everybody but you and I have better
things to do than post to ROFF..

Joe F.

True enough. My wife and my older daughter are in Minneapolis, visiting
family. My younger daughter is in NYC at a reunion. I'm alone in here
California with the dogs and cats and birds.

Still, I get the distinct feeling that Usenet traffic in general, and
ROFF in particular, is falling off. Didn't anyone even get any ff tackle
or books for Christmas?

And where do you stand on travel restrictions to Cuba?

Old December 29th, 2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

rw wrote:

Still, I get the distinct feeling that Usenet traffic in general, and
ROFF in particular, is falling off.

I found this gem in Wikipedia:

"Over time, the amount of Usenet traffic has steadily increased. It is
important to note, however, that much of this traffic increase reflects
not an increase in discrete users or newsgroup discussions, but instead
the combination of massive automated spamming and an increase in the use
of .binaries newsgroups in which large files (frequently pornography or
pirated media) are often posted publicly."

Old December 29th, 2008, 04:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim Lysyk

rw wrote:

And where do you stand on travel restrictions to Cuba?

Well......not everyone has them. I've never been , but many of my
freinds have. They enjoyed it a lot.

Tim Lysyk

Old December 29th, 2008, 08:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 28, 6:37*pm, rw wrote:
rb608 wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:11 pm, rw wrote:

No other posts on ROFF this Dec. 28. Does this mean that Usenet is dead?

No, it means it's a holiday; and everybody but you and I have better
things to do than post to ROFF..

Joe F.

True enough. My wife and my older daughter are in Minneapolis, visiting
family. My younger daughter is in NYC at a reunion. I'm alone in here
California with the dogs and cats and birds.

Still, I get the distinct feeling that Usenet traffic in general, and
ROFF in particular, is falling off. Didn't anyone even get any ff tackle
or books for Christmas?

And where do you stand on travel restrictions to Cuba?

Per Cuba. . . Maybe. I understand that polling of Cuban Americans even
is showing a slight majority for relaxed relations. The big problem is
property. The US to this point has supported exiles' claims. In ex-
communist Europe this tact has put all kinds of public property in the
hands of all manner of schemers, including many Americans playing the
dual citizenship games and such. US to this point has thumbed its nose
at suits brought by Cuba for compensation of damages and deaths
resulting from the US based terror bombing campaign that was waged for
years. I understand that some of the hotel bombings and public
transport bombings we paid for in Cuba killed a number of people. For
a while we even refused to extradite one guy who blew up a Cuban
civilian airliner, killing all on board. My guess we will eventually
tire of this crap but I wouldn't put money on an early solution.

Note: the Batista clique in Miami bought Clinton on this issue for
less that 200k as I recall. They got it for free from the
Republicrats.

I find it much more disturbing how the Israelis are setting up the
playing field for extorting more money from the US and keeping Obama
in line, with this bull**** they have staged in Gaza. It is disgusting
how almost all the mainstream US media is just re-reading the Israeli
press releases. The rest of the world is furious over the air strikes
the IDF has conducted, shooting serious munitions right into Gaza
City. Almost 300 civilian deaths so far and the attacks will probably
continue tomorrow. Must take very brave airmen to blast the **** out
of an undefended city with a starving population. God forgive us for
our culpability in this war crime.

Dave
Ideology Kills
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 28, 11:30*pm, DaveS wrote:

Here is an editorial from the Israeli largest newspaper, Haaretz,
against the bombing of Gaza. Apparently the Israeli newspapers have
more guts to call a spade a spade, or a war crime a war crime, than
our US papers.

David M. Snedeker

Old December 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

DaveS wrote:

I find it much more disturbing how the Israelis are setting up the
playing field for extorting more money from the US and keeping Obama
in line, with this bull**** they have staged in Gaza.

I don't think there's any ff to speak of in Gaza.

Old December 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 29, 5:34*am, rw wrote:

And there was even less FF in 1944 Warsaw.

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10015.shtml