Damn, that was nice.

Old October 28th, 2004, 10:11 AM
riverman

Default Damn, that was nice.

Stayed up all night to watch the game, only felt like it was really really
gonna happen when it was 3-0, bottom of the ninth and one out. When it
happened, I grinned from ear to ear, toasted the boyos with a glass of milk,
and went to bed. This one was for generations of Sox fans who had had their
guts ripped out in all sorts of bizarre ways throughout the years. I don't
know if there was a classier way to have won the Series: to humilate the
Yanks, set a few records, sweep the Cards, end it with a shutout.

And speaking of signs and portends, I didn't know a lunar eclipse was on the
menu! Very cool, if you're superstitious that is. It will be interesting to
watch how thoroughly this 'curse' thing evaporates completely from the
language of Pro Baseball. In 100 years, they will refer to the long dry
spell of the Sox as ancient history, and we were there.

--riverman