For ~^beancounter~^

Old January 18th, 2009, 06:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default For ~^beancounter~^

In an effort to figure out more about who you are, I did some
googling, and got a sense of your posting history, etc. I know I said
in another thread that I'm embarassed to be a member of the same
newsgroup as you, but I want to take that back. You've got a long
posting history here, and certainly not everything about you is as
repulsive as your political posts. I get the big picture....you're a
self-employed businessman, two daughters, raise llamas, like to
flyfish, live in a nice part of Colorado....its a pretty real profile
and all in all, you sound like a pretty reasonable guy. We've talked
online in the past and it was cordial and constructive.

But this vileness about Obama and the new administration is really out
of character, and you know that it has caused you grief in the past.
You probably let it bounce right off you, but if you're the type of
guy who likes to rile people up just to watch them spin, then that's a
pretty low form of character. Also, you have to be mature enough to
realize that your opinions on Obama ARE purely based on Islamophobia,
not on anything of real substance. If you know that and don't care,
than that's an even lower form of character.

I'm going to have to distinguish between to two sides of you; the
racially-biased, deliberately irritating, immature bigot; and the rest
of you, which seems like a fairly everyday kind of guy who I could
imagine sharing a beer with streamside.

I'm not the roff net-nanny, but I do try to get along with folks here
and I've been slipping out of character in the past few days with you.
I apologize and will try to refrain from this in the future, but I
implore you to do some soul-searching. I would hope that you would not
want to indoctrinate your daughters with that type of bigotry, nor
would you be especially proud to let them see you in that light. The
fact that several people over the years have identified this in you
gives the accusation more legitimacy.

I've travelled the world extensively, and can say without reservation
that the thing that makes America great is NOT that we are a well-
balanced, tolerant society, but that we ASPIRE to be one. You have a
personal choice here...work on yourself and your prejudices and be
treated as someone who is imperfect (as we all are) but aspiring to
improve (as intelligent people do), or else continue to be immature
and divisive, and slowly destroy relationships you have built here.

Myron

Old January 18th, 2009, 12:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"riverman" wrote in message

well put, Myron. I suppose that I, too, have gotten more aggressive than
normal with beancounter, insofar as calling him a coward. Still, I can't
help but think that the man is ducking my very simple question(what is it
that you feel makes Obama unacceptable?), and has done so for several days
now.
It is sad to think that he could instill this sort of xenophobia in his
kids, as you mention. As I have stated,
one of my few solid wishes for the Obama presidency is
an end to divisive, scare-tactic politics(or at least a great
lessening of same). I am heartened by the transition period insofar as that
process is concerned.
Finally, along the other thread, Rich seems to imply that supporters of
Obama are not tolerant of those who criticize him. He would do well to note
who started that thread, complaining about Geitner.....me, who worked for
several months here in PA to get Obama elected.
Tom

Old January 18th, 2009, 03:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

no hard feelings.....I am convinced barrack hussein obama
is not the right person for this job in todays environment...time
will tell, he is elected fair and square, so...lets "see what he's
got"

america has a history of taking care of "bad seeds", if this turns
out to be the situation....i would never vote for him, but the rest of
my family did...so be it......."water under the bridge"...don't come
back whining to me in 3 years though......

cheers

Old January 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On Jan 18, 1:04*am, riverman wrote:
I'm going to have to distinguish between to two sides of you; the
racially-biased, deliberately irritating, immature bigot; and the rest
of you, which seems like a fairly everyday kind of guy who I could
imagine sharing a beer with streamside.

It is, I agree, sometimes difficult to draw the line when friendship
must give way to principle. I have a friend, good guy, with whom I
can discuss a great many subjects. We don't agree on everything (he's
a conservative and Giants fan for cryin out loud), but we get along
great. I was chagrined recently to find he's quite a bit more of a
racist than I'd known, quite objectionably so, in fact. This came to
light, of course, during the presidential campaign. Like beancounter,
he had an unexplainable hatred for BHO, and subsequent comments made
it clear that race played a part in that. Still, the guy's a friend
of many years, and I'm not turning my back on him; but I do envision
our contacts being less frequent.

Joe F.
Old January 18th, 2009, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

i wouldn't vote for hussein if he was polka-dotted......i am
not racist...i am an equal opportunity offender...no race is
off limits to me.....including mine....hussein was the 1st
to bring up race...i wonder why?........

Old January 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
no hard feelings.....I am convinced barrack hussein obama
is not the right person for this job in todays environment...

There's nothing wrong with believing he's not the right
person for the job. The trouble begins when you're asked
*why* he's not the right person for the job and the only
reason you can come up with is that his ethnicity matches
his middle name. That's racist. And disgusting.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
i wouldn't vote for hussein if he was polka-dotted......

Why ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

I don't have the time or desire to educate folks
on a web site...do your own research...3/4 of my
black friends (wich are many) are also not supporting
hussein either....no biggie......

I have my (many) reasons for not voting 4 him......race
is not one of them....i also don't feel "guilty" toward black
folks and therefore obligated to vote for a black person
just cause of his skin color.......that's also a form of
racisim, "with a twist" ....

Having lived in many country's around the world, being
a proud US Navy (uss ranger cva-61) and viet-nam vet...
I have "hung" with many different races, colors, folks, etc......
no big deal......

I am now off to Rocky Mnt Nat'l Park to hike and enjoy
some "family time" now ... gota go ........

out.....

Old January 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
I don't have the time or desire to educate folks
on a web site...

LOL !! Time and desire aren't the only things you lack.
And anti-Islamic racism isn't anything I'd care to be
"educated" in at any rate. It's sufficient for me to
deplore it and to speak out when folks like you spew it.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 18th, 2009, 06:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On Jan 18, 12:47*pm, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:
I don't have the time or desire to educate folks
on a web site...do your own research...

I daresay most of us *have* done our own research and supported our
respective candidates based on what we learned through myriad sources
throughout the campaign. That's not the question.

The question on the table is why *you* clearly do not like him and
feel compelled to refer to him by his middle name as though that
heritage were a negative in and of itself. There's no way we can
research that . So...why?

Joe F.