dubbing Q

Old May 16th, 2004, 01:21 PM
THOMAS SCHREIBER

Default dubbing Q

Hi,

Has anyone here any good online info(preferable pictures) on tying bodies
with "dubbing loops"(making a loop with your thread, sliding the dubbing in
between, and spinning the thread/loop with a dubbing twister)?

I use the this method when tying shrimp patterns for seatrout, but sometimes
i'm having difficulties getting the dubbing to "stick" between the threads,
and making an even layer of dubbing.

All help is greatly appreciated )

--

Venligst, Grüsse, Regards,
Thomas Schreiber

Old May 17th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Sam Faulkner

DUBBING WAX !!!!

Old May 21st, 2004, 03:28 AM
Joseph Fox

"Sam Faulkner" wrote in message link.net...
DUBBING WAX !!!!

You dont even need wax. I take the dubbing and pull and twist a small
piece off the piece of dubbing the tie it to the fly. Then take and
wrap around the thread. Hard to tell someone with out showing them and
takes pratice.
Old June 5th, 2004, 03:02 AM
James McCall

This is discussed with photos in Skip Morris' article in the latest (Summer
2004) issue of American
Angler magazine, pages 68-71.

Jim

om...

Old June 5th, 2004, 11:10 AM
fish.iddx.net

This is discussed with photos in Skip Morris' article in the latest
(Summer
2004) issue of American
Angler magazine, pages 68-71.

Jim

Unfortunetly i have no chance to read that magazine. Im located in
Denmark(northern europe), so its not a magazine we have in all our 7 11's
/

/Thomas