Lake X

Old October 9th, 2003, 12:01 AM
alwaysfishking

Default Lake X

I have posted a few times about a local lake here that I fish
occasionally(sp), this lake has produced some big fish for me, but only in
the spring during the spawning period. I have never had much luck fishing
off the boat on this particular lake. Now with the temps dropping I figured
I would take another shot or two.

Went out with Dave V last Saturday in horrible conditions, cold windy and
rainy, he caught two decent Lm's on a secret weapon but each of us failed to
get another, This is probably fished more than the other lakes here during
the summer time, but I know there are big fish, 6-7 lbs is big here, most
days a 4 lb'er would be considered big, I have seen fish in the 7-8 lb range
on this lake but have failed to catch these beauty's.

I went out today early and went back to the weedline where dave hit his
fish, water was calm and the air temp was about 45 degrees, sun was
breaking. Threw just about everything in my box with no luck, then switched
to my double bladed buzz bait, well I found what they were looking for, they
tore it up. Everytime I cast to the shoreline and reeled it into those weeds
it was smashed, having only about an hour to fish this morning I landed
about 9 bass, nothing big, biggest was about 3-3.5, most were in the pound
and a half range. I can't figure for the life of me how to get some of those
lunkers. Lake X remains a mystery.. Hey Rich Z, how about you come on over
and show me what I'm doing wrong. At least someone would get a few nice fish
: ) I'd be happy to watch

Randy-

Old October 9th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Thundercat

"alwaysfishking" alwaysfishking@ nospam.epix.net wrote in message
SNIP
Lake X remains a mystery.. Hey Rich Z, how about you come on over
and show me what I'm doing wrong. At least someone would get a few nice

fish
: ) I'd be happy to watch

Randy-

The curse of the sock. Due to that unpropitious event, the bass in this lake
have cursed you. Due to that event, even the fishing gods want you out of
there...Remember what happened the last time WE were on "Lake X"...Repent
and become one with the sock...

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...

Old October 9th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Charles B. Summers

The Sock? Probably not a story that I'd want to hear.... LOL

Tried crankbaits on Lake X?

et...

Old October 9th, 2003, 10:50 PM
alwaysfishking

yeah you don't want to know about the sock, but either way, yup tried cranks
and rattle traps.
"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...